Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were out shopping and saw this. .

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you think. This was in a JC penny in a mall. Holy crap I think I would call security, that would freak me out!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23769604&nid=148&title=man-raises-questions-after-carrying-rifle-into-jc-penney&s_cid=featured-1

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Replies (251-260):
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

That would really depend on his expression. If he seemed relaxed/organized I would think off-duty soldier. If he seemed nervous/upset I'd be ducking for cover.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Is it a prop? Is he trying to make a statment?  That would be my first thoughts these days.  But I would also be cautious and be on alert. 

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I'm a little confused why security hadn't told him to leave.....they have the right to tell anyone to leave.

thatkidsmomkms
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Your avy pic, however, is the creepiest thing I've seen in a while. I'm sorry if it's, like, you or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM

While as relaxed as he looks I probably would not be afraid. I would think he is a jerk because people have heightened fear right now after all that has happened and he doesn't care about his fellow man's fears or concerns. I read the article, he is doing it to get a reaction, which means he is a jerk in my opinion. Since he admits he is only doing it for the reaction, he is just doing it to be  a jerk.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I would probably leave. I don't care what the reason is that would make me uncomfortable
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM

thats just wrong there was no reason to do that whatsoever ... hes just being an ass

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Don't care !

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I am in the south I'm good we own one like that too. Really it doesn't bother me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
meh, its not to me. and considering YES the law is no open carry id assume he had special permission to do so, was licensed to have it visible, was not a threat, etc. all those things would factor in for me. id do a mental rundown and assessment and go about my happy way. and where im from in tx, the high schoolers have gun racks in thier trucks and usually have deer rifles or shotguns in them. when i was in high school i wore a pair of cargo bermuda shorts one day that i had worn the previous weekend when i was out shooting and forgot to take out my shells, went to school and reached in my pocket for something and pulled out two 4-10 shotgun shells, teacher laughed and said "well i geuss we all know what heather shoots now". we are a small town and that just wouldnt personally phase me. it might others but to me its no big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

an assault rifle is not a big deal? i live in tx too and have never seen an assault rifle not to mention that the law is CONCEALED not out in the open!

Quoting got2monsters:

im in tx, thats not a big deal to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)