Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what the heck

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have my anon button here, but in another post of mine I dont have the option for anon nor to post my siggy.  So strange.  Then again my computer has been running slow, but only when I am on cafemom. 

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:39 AM

it's probably been running slow on cafemom because you're getting bombarded by googleads.  I tried to click the back button last night and when it wouldn't go anywhere the second time I hovered over it to see what was going on.  I couldn't even find the url for the site through all the "googleads' pages it sent me through first.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:42 AM

okay thanks.  What are googleads?  Do you mean google ads?   I have not been getting any ads.

Quoting ff-princess:

it's probably been running slow on cafemom because you're getting bombarded by googleads.  I tried to click the back button last night and when it wouldn't go anywhere the second time I hovered over it to see what was going on.  I couldn't even find the url for the site through all the "googleads' pages it sent me through first.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:49 AM

yes, it just kind of ran together but I did mean google ads.  I haven't been getting any popups or anything other than the ads on the top and right side but it sure had over 10 google ads url's in my "back button" list and had to manally type the cafemom url into the address bar to get back here.  blech, the popups that move as you scroll on the mobile site are bad enough.  half the time I go to close out I accidentally click on the button instead of the X and end up redirected to some lame "you have 10 free ringtones available" site.

Quoting ihave1:

okay thanks.  What are googleads?  Do you mean google ads?   I have not been getting any ads.

Quoting ff-princess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)