Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sexual exposure in movies, songs etc does affect children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
It's no wonder so many teens are getting pregnant, we are constantly bombarded by sex. Kids are exposed to things they don't understand. Now, I am by no means an upright prude who wants to ban sex or anything. I just hope after I share my story, that some more people will realize how much it does affect children.

I wasn't very old, maybe kindergarden. My sister (4 yrs old) and I snuck into the family room to watch a movie. I can't remember for sure, I think its tommy knockers? Where there is this space ship or whatever in someone's yard that they dig up and the more they uncover the hornier everyone gets. Whatever it is, there's a TON of sex in it. In one sceene a woman is sitting on a bed and takes a man's face and shoves it into her crotch then starts moaning. I was very confused by this... And I wanted to know why she was moaning like that. So that night when I went to bed I started playing with myself to find out why she liked it so much. I was masturbating everyday in elementary school. I was very well aware of what sex was and that touching those parts felt really really good. By the time I was in 6th grade I was having oral sex (and it wasn't poor parenting. Kids are very sneaky and schools aren't as secure as one might think). I lost my virignity when I was 13.

I really believe if I hadn't been exposed to something like that movie at such a young age, I would not have been experimenting sexually so young. Maybe I would have, who knows.

But please just remember, these things DO imprint on our children. Just because you may not think they realize what something is, doesn't mean they won't try to find out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Bump
MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM

agree..

.. I hate how everyone says its teen mom making girls pregnant. We had a high teen pregnancy rate before teen mom!!!!

The problem is we have sex in our face a lot... and our morals have changed.. datig is more accepted. moms think their kids crushes are cute & allow slutty clothing so the kids fit in with their slutty friend-- who are just wanting to look like big sis/mommy...

we dont push our kids to wait for sex, we just try to protect them with pills they cant remember to take..

in my moms day you got pregnant- your butt got shipped away to a family member that lived in another state.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I think it depends on the child.

For myself, no. None of that ever left an imprint on me and I saw tons of things I shouldn't have seen when I was a kid.  At the end of the day, I was still a child and continued to do and think child things.  I also had a parent that told us from the beginning the difference between reality and things I saw on TV/Movies and the difference between things kids can do and things adults can do. That kept us (my brother and I) in check.

Lennox28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My parents divorced when I was four or five and my dad let us watch rated R movies by the time I was 6 that had some nudity in them (not outright sex), etc.  And I knew what sex was in 1st grade.  I saw a fair amount of things I should have when I was younger and I didn't even kiss a guy until I was 17.  My DH is the only one I've ever had sex with and I was 20 years old the first time.  Because despite being explosed to it on tv/media my parents raised me in a way that just because I saw it on TV didn't mean I should be doing it.

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Ummmmm... Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN