Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Normal? Possible? Or do I just have a effed up scale?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I just bought a scale this past weekend, trying to lose weight and want to keep track of it. Anyway, I weighed myself at midnight 243 exactly. I just weighed myself again, almost 430 am, 4 and a half hours later, and it read 247.3 .... Is my scale off? All I've had since midnight is 2 bottles of water and a short glass of milk.

Any one have experience with scales? Lol. Seriously, the last scale I had was a really old one, still has the spinning thing at the top (not sure what its called) .. This is a new digital scale, was on sale at Kmart for $10
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Anybody?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Come on ladies!
hnischke
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Have you gone to the bathroom? I've always heard the best time to weigh in is the morning right after you go the bathroom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Your weight fluctuates throughout the day/week. It's best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee and only weigh yourself once a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Shit weighs.
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Make sure the scale is on a level surface and that you are standing in the exact same spot on the scale. My kids had put our scale on a sock not too long ago and it said I lost almost 100 pounds. I was like wtf? I knew I took a shit, but not that big of one!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM

You dont weigh yourself at night you do in it the morning. If you had different clothes on, took a bowel movement, just got out the shower or anything like that it could cause your weight to be off. You need to pick the same clothes and same time of day to do a weigh in but you really shouldnt weigh yourself more then once a week.

beco8627
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Its normal for your weight to be off by 2-5 pounds...its water weight and what not.
Your best bet is to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, naked and not to do it again until next morning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
A cup of liquid weighs about 1/2 pound. So that accounts for 2.5 pounds. Not sure about the rest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN