Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I F***ING HATE SCHIZOPHRENIA!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 86 Replies

i hate it so much. It destroys lives, families, relationship. Fucking scientists should be putting more researching into figuring this shitty disease out. Its non-curable, there is NO KNOWN DRUG that actually helps schizophrenics. i hate schizophrenia.

I feel like fucking breaking down crying, and just plain shit. I dont know how much longer I can do this. Almost 7 years now and the schizophrenia has gotten gradually worse and now he's unbelievable every fucking night. Says I dont love him, I want him dead. Oh okay, thats why I do all the fucking chores right? Thats why I dont bitch at you when you sleep in, why I make sure you have clean laundry that gets put away instantly, why if you ask me for something, I'll drop what i'm doing and take care of it for you (unless im busy with the girls) and he's saying I don't love him. I know he doesn't mean these things but FUCK, 7 years I have been with this man and my heart is so beaten up from all his episodes.

This shit never happens when the girls are awake, he always stays calm around them, happy, plays with them, but at night it always gets worse and I take all the blame for everything.

Sorry for rambling. I needed to vent and just say a what i was feeling. I love my DH very much, but its hard being married to a schizophrenic, especially being bi-polar myself and its hard to not take things personally with him.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I'm so sorry for what you are going though :(
Christy644
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are in a state that has psychosocial rehabilitation services utilize it. If not then therapry-both individual and couples. 

Other than that all I can offer is hugs.

thatsamorex2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM

That must be so hard and you must be one strong woman.He's very lucky to have you.I hope it gets easier for you soon.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Sorry :(
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I don't know how you do it. Having a loved one with a mental illness is very hard! You should join a support group if you can find one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
It's hard. My sons father has schizophrenia, we broke up before he got diagnosed. I felt like such a jackass when he got diagnosed because I knew there was something not right with him, but didn't know what. We were together like 4/5 years before I just couldn't do it anymore.. Good luck mama. I wish you all the best.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Hugs.
BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

he's been to so much therapy that its usless now. no one knows how to help him. add in the fact that he's a stubborn jack ass (which he knows he is) I really want to get some councelling not only for being bi-polar but for other issues along with the ones with DH's schizo.

Quoting Christy644:

If you are in a state that has psychosocial rehabilitation services utilize it. If not then therapry-both individual and couples. 

Other than that all I can offer is hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured