Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just got paid yesterday and I am broke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

I got my paycheck yesterday and then paid out rent and  a few other bills and now have almost nothing until next payday which isnt for two weeks. Money has been really tight since I left my childrens father a year ago. He is ordered to pay child support but doesnt. I was letting myself get really stressed about it but then I started thinking. My rent is paid, my heat is on and my pantry and fridge are full. My kids have what they need. We may not be able to have what we want but we are more blessed then many others. And then I started thinking about what really matters. What really makes me happy? And not one thing has anything to do with money. The things that I am looking forward to most today is getting to see my boyfriend tonight and getting to sleep in late with him tomorrow morning. And I get to spend three whole days just playing with my kids before work and school starts again. Those are the things that matter to me. Just thought it might help someone else who was in the same situation.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

this is is our life after each payday that my husband has. I was sick and in the hospital , things got backed up and we had to pay double and now we are broke 

dollface929
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM
You are right !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Positive thinking gets you far!
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Same here. I was sick with the flu and missed a week of work so my paycheck was half what it usually is. I'm totally broke for 2 weeks, but all the bills are paid and the fridge is full.
tifbrown
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I am so glad you can see all the good in your life instead of focussing on the bad :)

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Positive thinking is huge. Made all the difference in my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Yup . As long as bills are paid and food in the fridge you're doing pretty good. You know what's even better... if you can manage saving from your next check to go towards bills then your rent and bill paycheck will have some left overs so you're not broke broke. :-)
arimaur
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

that's all that matters momma!  i thought the same thing last pay period, i felt like i was drowning! it was when my dd ask me for a snack, i realized we were stocked up on neccessities in the pantry and fridge, that's when i was able to breathe easy.  since then i use a planner or print out the month's calendar and right down how much is due on it's date, and it really helps.  the little i have left over i use it to buy the kids some new shoes or clothing or sometimes i take dd to go play at mcdonalds...this weekend im taking her to chuck e cheese!  im super excited!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

ajrjj05
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM

welcome to america :)

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM

My pays have been short b/c of the holidays...thank God they are finally back to normal as of next week!  Have a great weekend momma!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)