Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

omg ew. why now? fml!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 67 Replies

If there was ever a time to bust out mass stocks of bleach and lysol spray it was last night LOL omg the dreaded "mom, i just threw up" at 3 am started at my house. 3 in the morning and I am bleaching and disinfecting my entire house. 9 am traffic court...it was a yellow light, not even red thanks a bunch officer douche bag...2 pm my sister and nephews are arriving from out of town and staying at our house for the weekend. The stomach flu couldnt have come at a worse time! lol ok that part of my vent is over. Here is the question part of it:

My son who was the initial vomiter has not thrown up since 6 am, it is now 11:31 and he wants lunch (he kept breakfast down) he says his stomach still hurts but he is now running around and such. I dont want anyone else getting sick especially my sister since she is coming to stay here. Is bleaching the kitchen and bathroom + any surfaces that he has touched, washing laundry in HOT water and then on the sanatize cycle in the dryer and then lysoling the ever loving jesus out of the rest of the house enough to keep the illness at bay? what else can I do to disinfect?

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108

BUMP!

mary841108

BUMP!

deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Last week my dd kinda did the same thing. She threw up once and she was fine. She was normal before and after. Even though I think it was just that she drank her milk too fast. Hopefully it was a once and done deal for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would think that if he has been vomit free all day then It probably wasnt the flu, just some tummy trouble....I think all of your cleaning efforts are good enough.

Just make sure you still tell your sis BEFORE she gets there and let her decide if she wants to stay!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM

he threw up about 5 times but seems better now lol i just need to disinfect. i did the kitchen and bathroom and have laundry going now

Quoting deputygirls28:

Last week my dd kinda did the same thing. She threw up once and she was fine. She was normal before and after. Even though I think it was just that she drank her milk too fast. Hopefully it was a once and done deal for you.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

mary841108
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

oh i did lol i called her at 5 am right before she left and she is crazy enough to still want to stay lol

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

I would think that if he has been vomit free all day then It probably wasnt the flu, just some tummy trouble....I think all of your cleaning efforts are good enough.

Just make sure you still tell your sis BEFORE she gets there and let her decide if she wants to stay!

nicmain
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I would say he is probably still contagious for up to 24hrs. Is your son old enough to be aware of his illness and keep out of close contact, not touch things other than his own stuff, wash hands etc? I would let your sister know the situation and let her decide for herself what she is comfortable with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
That and for him to consistently have his hands washed. All y'all should be washing your hands like crazy right now. If he held down breakfast, id give him something light on the stomach. Soup or brat diet till it doesn't hurt.
mrsledford09
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Lysol use a can of it, light sockets, door handles, couches, beds, and everything in the bathroom. I would tell ur sis about him throwing up and let her make the decision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LClark1973
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

If he is not running a fever I would not worry too much. We all have allergies, and my son will puke if he has a lot of drainage in his stomach. He is fine  afterwards and holds down food. My oldest had a urinary tract infection, puked once. Once I got him antibiotics he was fine. Maybe just mention as a precaution, to wash hands good and what not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN