Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Deadbeat dads post

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this

There are men out there THAT suck! There are a lot of women that suck as well.

I made the comment that if a man doesn't want a child, he should keep his penis in his pants or wear a few condoms.

My reason for that is not just to bash the men. You can't lump them all in one category. Some are always deadbeats and some turn into deadbeats. There are some shady, sneaky, skanky women out there. "I'm on the pill" "I'm fixed" "I can't get pregnant" Then...BAM! "I'm pregnant and its yours"

Birth control should NOT just be left up to the women. Men need to be better educated about protecting themselves from lying and manipulative women. People in general need more education about being more picky about who they lie down with. It so sad to see children with absent parents and broken homes. I speak from experience. I have one child with a total loser and two others with someone who changed into someone I didn't know.

No one can predict everything and avoid all bad things, but we can certainly stop the obvious! I know, I'm rambling. I just had some thoughts to get out there.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLO682
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

agreed.

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Thanks, ladies!

Megan11587
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but men have no say in an abortion. The mother can choose NOT to have a child, why shouldn't the man?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM

My ex hated, hated condoms and thought BC was a "woman's issue." I always wanted 3 kids and he agreed, well more like said it was my decision and after the 3rd was born I needed to take care of it.

He left me during my third pregnancy and told everyone I refused BC and trapped him to have that baby. 

He's had 4 kids since we split up with 3 different women. I guess they refused BC, too. He doesn't have contact with any of his children and the BM's are pissed at me because I sometimes get his tax returns since my kids are the oldest and my order was put in first. He's a fucking loser.

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think because of how laws are written, the baby is part of the woman's body UNTIL birth. Therefore, her body...her choice. That's a scary area to go messing around in. If men are allowed to say yes or no to an abortion, then where does the outside decision making with our own bodies stop?

Quoting Megan11587:

No, but men have no say in an abortion. The mother can choose NOT to have a child, why shouldn't the man?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Do you think the man should be able to force an abortion? If a man could stop an abortion, he'd also be allowed to force one.

Quoting Megan11587:

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Another example of how we don't know that "mr. family man" is going to turn into a douche.

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex hated, hated condoms and thought BC was a "woman's issue." I always wanted 3 kids and he agreed, well more like said it was my decision and after the 3rd was born I needed to take care of it.

He left me during my third pregnancy and told everyone I refused BC and trapped him to have that baby. 

He's had 4 kids since we split up with 3 different women. I guess they refused BC, too. He doesn't have contact with any of his children and the BM's are pissed at me because I sometimes get his tax returns since my kids are the oldest and my order was put in first. He's a fucking loser.

Megan11587
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, they shouldn't have rights to THAT decision.  But, just because the mother decides to be a parent doesn't make it fair that the father is by default.  That's why I think they should be able to sign over their rights and not worry about child support.  The mother has a choice to become a parent, so should the father.

Quoting DannieLou:

I think because of how laws are written, the baby is part of the woman's body UNTIL birth. Therefore, her body...her choice. That's a scary area to go messing around in. If men are allowed to say yes or no to an abortion, then where does the outside decision making with our own bodies stop?

Quoting Megan11587:

Megan11587
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM

No.  See my response above.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think the man should be able to force an abortion? If a man could stop an abortion, he'd also be allowed to force one.

Quoting Megan11587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured