Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not Having a Job Is Not an Excuse! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 479 Replies
6 moms liked this

Why is it that a non-custodial parent who doesn't have a job all of a sudden gets out of paying child support?

Just bc one doesn't have a job doesn't mean their child doesn't need things.

If a custodial parent doesn't have a job & stops providing for their child they get into trouble & quite possibly will lose their child.

But hey it's ok for the other parent to not provide all bc they don't have a job?

I've been w/o a job bc the company I worked for shut down, I went & started working as a waitress picking up extra hours to make sure bills were paid & kids were taken care of.

There should be no reason for a non-custodial parent to at least pay something, though I do think they should be held to the same standards a custodial parent would be held to!

EDIT: I didn't really think my entire situation needed to be added bc this post wasn't just about me.  It was about everyone who is NOT providing for their children. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. 

Not having a job is not an excuse, in the end  you still have children to feed & need to figure out a way to provide for them.

I didn't realize it would be so hard to get.

But here is my specific situation:

Ex hasn't had a job in over a year, he was fired & therefore does not qualify for unemployment.  Yes he can get a job that is "beneath" him.  Had one & was fired from that as well bc he had a horrible attitude & was just not showing up.

He is 1000's behind in support.  He has had enforcement hearings & every single time he says "I don't have a job I can't afford to pay" and instead of enforcing anything they make him pay $20-$50 and send him on his way.

They do not do a thing to enforce it, no jail time (they do work release where he'd have to prove he looked for a job), no suspended license, nothing.

His excuse is he doesn't have a job & like the point of the post, there is no excuse to not provide for your children......that goes for anyone who is not providing for their children.

Also going to add, I don't need his money.  But that is not the point.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
askyourmother
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
5 moms liked this
If he doesn't have a job to pay child support, just where is he supposed to get money?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
5 moms liked this

If I don't have a job just where am I suppose to get money from?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

If he doesn't have a job to pay child support, just where is he supposed to get money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
And at least the custodial parent is more likely to get PA if he/she loses a job.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

What?

Quoting mtooty4:

Go to my website tvcmatrix.com/secure/mtooty4 its gone take u to my page and u pick the package u want i recommend the first one it cost 39 99 after that ul be good to go each referral u get back 80 dollars from them paying 40 u get roadside assistance and discounts after make sure wen u sign up u see my name at the top Tiara moore my username is mtooty4 and make sure u put my name in the sponsor box because if not it wont go through after u sign up hmu and il tell u how to get started just by promoting on fb and other sites

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Not allowed to advertise.

It's against regs

Quoting mtooty4:

Go to my website tvcmatrix.com/secure/mtooty4 its gone take u to my page and u pick the package u want i recommend the first one it cost 39 99 after that ul be good to go each referral u get back 80 dollars from them paying 40 u get roadside assistance and discounts after make sure wen u sign up u see my name at the top Tiara moore my username is mtooty4 and make sure u put my name in the sponsor box because if not it wont go through after u sign up hmu and il tell u how to get started just by promoting on fb and other sites

JoshRachelsMAMA
1 mom liked this
You sound like a pedantic drone. Answer the question brainless.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I don't have a job just where am I suppose to get money from?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Can't get blood out of a turnip, my grandma always said.

If you don't want issues like this, get married and STAY MARRIED.

JoshRachelsMAMA
True.

Quoting Anonymous:

And at least the custodial parent is more likely to get PA if he/she loses a job.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh so that makes it ok?

So custodial parent HAS to support their child but the non-custodial parent doesn't? Doesn't make much sense to me.

A custodial parent can't stop supporting their kids just bc they lost a job, why should a non-custodial parent get to stop supporting their kids just bc they don't have a job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)