Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ughh,

NO! Soo I hate being the shitty friend venting on CM about my best friend, but lately she is MAKING ME INSANE.

Her:

single

no job

she gets 10,000 a month for beloning to a tribe

no kids

Me:

living in poverty

single

2 kids, 1being special needs

2 jobs

school

hardly any assistance

So Im talking to her on facebook and shes talking about how I need to go clubbing with her tongiht (ha, right!) and Im like man I just have no money, we have no food right now and its just tough but maybe sometime next month we can get together (she lives two hours away, but we talk EVERYDAY) So Im talking to her and Im like I really need some REAL food, this lettuce and italian dressing gets old after a few days. and shes like OMG I know exactly what you mean girl...

whatever bitch. you are always talking about going to this restraunt or having some expensive steaks,

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND QUIT SAYING THAT THINKING  IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER, because IT DOES NOT!

Sorry, Imjust so irritated with her lately. She seems to think I have 10k a month to go blow as well. Shell say things like "ughh I need a massage sooo bad, Im sooo stressed out" 

Her schedule through out the week is getting nails done, hair done, massages, facials, shopping, meeting up with friends for lunch, dinner, drinks, whatever.. going to hawaii.. the list goes on. ITS RIDIC!

Really what would their possibly be to stress out about?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM
She would be better off without you as a friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quoting ksueditz:

My bff is a working mom, I'm a sahm. Her family takes an expensive vacation every year, we go on a day trip to the zoo or waterpark. She and her dh go on a couple's vacation every year, my dh and I are lucky to go out to eat for our anniversary. She likes to go out shopping, going for drinks etc. I would rather stay home with my family. BUT she would reassure me if I told her we are having financial problems. As my BFF she would FIND the words.

exactly.

Seriously I have eaten lettuce and italian dressing the last 3 days, thats it.. which is fine, Im getting skinny in the process:) And my kids have full bellies, and this wont last forever, HOWEVER, she doesnt understand.

If she would have said "ohh yeah that sucks, I understand" thatd be one thing but it wasnt that its "Oh yahh I know what you mean!" NO! you just talked last night how you had some yummmy awesome pot roast with carrots and yummmy stuff, and for lunch you talked about going to a sushi bar, then night before you said you had some expensive steak and shrimp.. lol you dont know what I mean!!! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

She would be better off without you as a friend.

meh, if you say so... you really have no idea how many times shes screwed ME over....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM

We have.. Ive stopped talking to her periods at a time from her screwing me over.... then she will call me upset and crying so then I we start talking again....

Quoting Derpy:

I think sometime without her in contact would do you some good.Sounds like you need to rethink if you still want to be friends anymore.

MommyGray83
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

This is why I don't tell my friend any of my good news and why I don't comment when she talks about her life. We are at two totally different places with everything in life.

ABeautifulQadar
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this
If she knows your financial situation and she has money to blow and wants you to go out then she should pay for you. That's what a real friend would do. Otherwise.she shouldn't invite you out and just come visit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

If she knows your financial situation and she has money to blow and wants you to go out then she should pay for you. That's what a real friend would do. Otherwise.she shouldn't invite you out and just come visit.

Well thats how I see it to. Because if I do that already for my friends. Infact I Did it for her, new years eve! 3 of us went out to eat and she got a margarita and everything and I ended up paying for all 3 of us because I felt awkward that I was paying for the other girl, who is also a single mom of 2 and just lost her job..

I dunno, I guess when youve been raised with that much money maybe you just gotta keep it to yourself and keep your guard up for ppl using you, i dunno.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
How did she screw u over??? By having money and not giving you any???
Some people are not good with words and don't know what to say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Maybe she's just trying to empathize with you.

You sound like you're competing for "who has it worse." 

and there's a touch of jealousy and bitterness of her as well.

bozobean
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I know, that's what I was thinking. 10,000 a month? Damn, I want to belong to a tribe!!

Quoting lucsch:

i wanna know what tribe she is in to get $10,000 per month.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)