Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How common is it for a...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

2 year old not to wear pull up or diapers at night?

My ydd is 2 years 1 month she has been potty trianed since she was 19 months (all on her own lol) an she hasnt work a pull up to beed in 3 months , nor has wet the bed.

Is this common or not? just curious because my oldest has a small bladder an was potty trianed at 2 during the day but due to her small bladder an heavy sleeping she just got out of pull ups about 6 months ago.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
It's pretty common.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Different children are different. It's not crazy.

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM

My son was completely trained before 2! 

My daughter was trained during the day before 2 but unfortunately she still has night time issues. :( She is 7.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
All three of my children were out of diapers and pull ups by the age of 2, that is including overnight. My 14 month old is in diapers still. Hopefully he'll be easy like the rest. My second son was the easiest. He was trained at 19 months. No pull ups at all. Pull ups are a scam. We have used them because they were left over though.
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

It varies. It is great that she started early! My dd was about 3 when I spent a week potty training her. It was easy because I waited until she was totally ready. I put her in panties that week. She had a few accidents. After that week, she narely had any accidents, even at night.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Quoting AngelRT:

My son was completely trained before 2! 

My daughter was trained during the day before 2 but unfortunately she still has night time issues. :( She is 7.

My oldest is 5 now an stoped wearing pull ups at night  about 6 months ago because it was bothering her exzema..we had many many wet night but made it threw now she only has the occasional accident. She ahs a small bladder :O( she had no problem day time training at 2 though lol.

I was just surprised when my youngest stoped peeing the bed at night lol. So was every one else. lol

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Quoting lucsch:

It varies. It is great that she started early! My dd was about 3 when I spent a week potty training her. It was easy because I waited until she was totally ready. I put her in panties that week. She had a few accidents. After that week, she narely had any accidents, even at night.

Yeah I was surprised becuase my oldest has trouble night time training because she has a small bladder. But its nice not having pulll ups or diapers around lol.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I'm not sure how common it is. My 5 yo is just beginning to be able to hold it but she still doesn't wake at night to go so I worry about putting her in panties at night.

My 2.5 yo still wears diapers half the time, and always at night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Common.
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quoting epoh:

I'm not sure how common it is. My 5 yo is just beginning to be able to hold it but she still doesn't wake at night to go so I worry about putting her in panties at night.

My 2.5 yo still wears diapers half the time, and always at night.

my oldest turned 5 in dec an thats the same way she was. I started waking her twice a night then eventually once a night an making her get on the potty even if I had to carry her in there lol but now she almost alawys gets up on her own now except for the occasional accident. But she starts school in the fall an she isnt a morning person so I didnt want her to smell like pee in the morning or have to bathe every single morning after just bathing before bed the night before lol.

My youngest just did it on her own which waas wierd lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN