Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Open Heart Surgery - Prayers please update 2 -3 4 he made it through!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hey ladies. My dad went in for an Angiogram thus morning and they found that his main artery in his heart has a 90% blockage. He will be going in for open heartsurgery tonight or early ttomorrow morning. I'm only 21 and I'm not ready to lose my dad. I've been keeping it together for my boys this morning until I dropped them off. Now I'm a mess. My mom asked me to print off a will and bring it up there as soon as I can get a baby sitter for the boys. Please say a prayer or keep him in your thoughts. I will update when I know more.

Update- Well my ex MIL is going to watch the boys after work so I can go up there. Still don't know when the surgery will be but I know it will be no later than tomorrow morning. He's sleeping right now. They gave him a sedative because they had to leave the catheter in his heart until his surgery. I just hope the surgery goes smoothly.

Update2- Well I went to see my dad. He's doing ok. The catheter is still in so he's very uncomfortable. His surgery is at 8am and he will be getting a quadrupal bypass. I'm so worried and acted. I'm being strong for my mom and haven't friend around her at all. We have to leave at 5am so we cam be at the hospital at 6. Its going to be a long day. Ahh anyway I'm going to get some sleep. I'm worn out. I will update after his surgery tomorrow. Thanks for the support ladies.

Update 3-Well he's getting ready for surgery now. It will take roughly 4hrs but we won't see him for 5-6. We are trying to stay positive and believe that it will go well. I will update when I get one.

Update4- He made it through! He did great! He's in the ICU now and will be until tomorrow. He is still out because the pain is horrible. I'm going to see him tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the support ladies. Now we are on the long road to recovery from this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemmy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope everything goes well!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Jemmy:

Hope everything goes well!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Prayers coming your way

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
:(
I wish him the best of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercook78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Prayers for your family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Prayers and healing thoughts coming  your way

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I'm praying for God to guide the surgeons hands and the rest of the surgery staff. I'm praying for your dad. I'm praying for your family and you.
shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM

prayers and good thoughts for you and your family...wish i could say i know how you're feeling i can't but i can tell you from a heart patient that has been through 2 open heart surgeries in her life (meaning me) its scary and i hope & pray that everything goes well for him during the surgery.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Bump. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)