Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Open Heart Surgery - Prayers please update 2 -3 4 he made it through!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey ladies. My dad went in for an Angiogram thus morning and they found that his main artery in his heart has a 90% blockage. He will be going in for open heartsurgery tonight or early ttomorrow morning. I'm only 21 and I'm not ready to lose my dad. I've been keeping it together for my boys this morning until I dropped them off. Now I'm a mess. My mom asked me to print off a will and bring it up there as soon as I can get a baby sitter for the boys. Please say a prayer or keep him in your thoughts. I will update when I know more.

Update- Well my ex MIL is going to watch the boys after work so I can go up there. Still don't know when the surgery will be but I know it will be no later than tomorrow morning. He's sleeping right now. They gave him a sedative because they had to leave the catheter in his heart until his surgery. I just hope the surgery goes smoothly.

Update2- Well I went to see my dad. He's doing ok. The catheter is still in so he's very uncomfortable. His surgery is at 8am and he will be getting a quadrupal bypass. I'm so worried and acted. I'm being strong for my mom and haven't friend around her at all. We have to leave at 5am so we cam be at the hospital at 6. Its going to be a long day. Ahh anyway I'm going to get some sleep. I'm worn out. I will update after his surgery tomorrow. Thanks for the support ladies.

Update 3-Well he's getting ready for surgery now. It will take roughly 4hrs but we won't see him for 5-6. We are trying to stay positive and believe that it will go well. I will update when I get one.

Update4- He made it through! He did great! He's in the ICU now and will be until tomorrow. He is still out because the pain is horrible. I'm going to see him tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the support ladies. Now we are on the long road to recovery from this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Hope all goes well honey
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Prayers for you and the family. Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Telo319
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I will be praying for your dad and your whole family. Stay strong, although it will be hard to do. I hope that the surgery is successful.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Im glad he made it.. i have been there with my grandma... she had a tear in her aorta an had a aortic dicsecton preformed on her.. it was the scairest 12 hours of my life. I will be praying for a speedy recovery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN