Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how to deal with a dog

Posted by   + Show Post
We got a small but very strong and hyper dog about 3 years ago. Now I'm pregnant and I can't imagine how I will handle him and the newborn. We are supposed to be moving into a house before the baby comes, but what if we arent able to find one with a fence? I will have to walk the rowdy dog that pulls and jerks and gets tangled up around my legs.I can't do that holding a baby. I can't even take out a bag of trash at the same time because he is so hyper. Help! We don't want to get rid of him, but how do i handle him and the baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (31-31):
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

You train him to remain close to you when outside. Put him on a leash real quick, take him out to go potty and go back inside. Your husband can take him on longer walks when he gets home or you can when he gets home. I guess I don't see the issue.... I have a wild dog (she's a 5 year old min pin) and have never had an issue. She was 2 when my son was born. Our backyard is not fenced but we let her out back to do her business, watch her so she doesn't leave the yard and then call her back in when she's done. When we went on walks she was leashed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN