Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crap like this infuriates me!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
A young man who was a year behind me in school committed suicide last night. I learned about it on Facebook this morning and my news feed has been filled with rest in peace statuses all day. That doesn't bother me. What gets me is the statuses from people who made this kid's life a living hell in high school. Now all of them want sympathy because their "friend" took his life. He had a hard life. He didn't know his father, he found his mother when she passed away when he was in elementary school, he was constantly teased in school because he was big, and now the people who teased him are talking about how they were the best of friends. No, you weren't. You were a colossal ass to him and now you probably feel a little guilty for treating another person the way you did. Saying Rest in peace doesn't change what you did.

Does stuff like this bother anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Yes. The two women in my brother's life (ex and current) treated him like shit. He killed himself and they both milked it. Dumb whores, both of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Yes

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

my dh always says dont honor me when im dead - celebrate me while im alive - No well-wishers at my funeral. And i completely agree with him.

We are all stupid when we are young. and do stupid things. There was a girl in my hs that was picked on mercilessly. While i had never directly picked on her, I did sit with the kids who did and I never did anything to stop them.

As an adult I found her on face book and apologized to her. For if i had ever hurt her or made her feel belittled and out casted in school. And we exchanged phone numbers and started talking. We are actually good friends now.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd let the truth be known.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

YES!

There was a kid I went to high school with, they always teased him because he was different. He was in special ed classes and such. When he got a job with a popular construction company (just picking up cones off the road after they were done for the day and sweeping) he fell off the back of a truck and was run over by another car. EVERYONE who made his life hell - teasing him and such were like "oh my god" RIP blah blah blah I called one girl out on it because she not only once declined his invitation for homecoming but three times. And at all 3 homecomings, she promised him a dance, and each year she would find him, pour red punch on his nice white shirt and laugh in his face. =/ I reminded her of what she did and she got defensive on FB about it and started trying to act like she never did that until 40 other people we went to high school with GOT in on it too and confirmed what I had said. SHE COULDNT DELETE but her own comments - because it was on someone elses status. I later learned that she died in a car accident 2 weeks after he died. It was crazy.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Yes...

IF I was on FB....I would be all over that page telling everyone what a ASS these bullies were to the man that died.

babyboy117
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I was bullied in school. It's funny because those same bullies requested me on fb.
babyboy117
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Sorry about your friend : (
MeghanPerez
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I'm seriously considering it. I just don't want to seem insensitive. It's very sad for all the people who truly loved him, but for people to come out of the woodwork and expect sympathy, it's just wrong. He and I weren't friends, just acquaintances. We talked on occasion in high school, but that was it. That's why I haven't made a post about it. Idk.

Quoting Litlmama87:

I'd let the truth be known.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I don't know, there was somebody in high school that I made fun of. I contacted her and apologized for it and we are friends now. Only a few people from high school know that I have apologized and that I truly regret what I did, so if she died now of course I would be upset. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)