Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants me to go to court

An ex friend called me today after nearly a year of not speaking because she is a shady bitch. She wanted my address so I gave it to her. Its not like she doesn't know where I live anyway. I ask her why she needed it. Apparently her ex husband has got a restraining order against her for him and the kids. He claims he is scared for his life and the life of his kids. She might be a shitty friend but he was a shitty human being. All around. According to her he has had the kids for two months. And he's become good friends with her other ex and he is also going thru the courts to remove their daughter because she is a single mom.

I don't like her ex husband. That's why our friendship (if you can call it that) ended. She used me for free daycare, which honestly I didn't mind. I love her kids like they are my own. I was actually suppose to be their God mother.
I feel like, I have to go, not for her but for the kids. Because I love them very much. And they need to be with their mother. I will refuse to paint their dad in a bad light even though I can't stand him. But I will try to help her keep her kids. Because they deserve that. They love her and they have been used as pawns in all this since the divorce. They are 4 and 2.

What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I would do what you are doing.

Elvis Presley Pictures, Images and Photos

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I would help her. but, thats because I am in a similar situation and wish that my friends would help me.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I'm sorry your going thru that.

Quoting bustybee:

I would help her. but, thats because I am in a similar situation and wish that my friends would help me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I know. She is a good mom. A little loose in her parenting style but She loves her kids and wants them with her and she's good to them.

Quoting lilbit53009:

if you know the kids are truely better off with her and he's talking out his ass...i'd go to court and say what you need to do defend your friend and let her keep her kids. shitty friend doesn't always equal shitty mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM
She had to do something for him to get an OP. what is she not telling you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM

If I felt the kids were honestly better off with her, then yes, I would go there for the kids.  However, within that year, your friend could have changed.  She may not be the same as when you last spoke to her, as could the exdh.  Not saying this occurred, but he could have stepped up, received counseling and is now a good dad, while she took a downward turn (like I said, I don't know if this is true or not).  I do have a question though, why is there a restraining order against her?   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM

What would I do? Stay out of it completely.

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Its your decision but I would go if the father is such a terrible person, I wouldnt want kids I cared for around someone like that

DameGrey
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It must have taken a lot for your ex friend to muster up the nerve to call on you for help after all this time.  She must believe in her heart that you are a good person and will do the right thing regardless of the status of your broken friendship.

In regard to the custody case, the court will ultimately do what is in the best interest of the children.  Be prepared to answer questions from his attorney, her attorney, as well as from the judge. Her attorney may want to talk to you before the court case. If the judge needs additional information they will more than likely appoint a guardian ad litem that may interview you as well.  Answer their questions as honestly and truthfully as you can.  This can be a stressful experience because at times you may feel as though you are under attack from his attorney.  Just remember, your role is to provide the court with evidence that you have witnessed in order for the court to make the best possible decision for those children.  

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I was friends with the two of them for years. I honestly believe her ex is causing problems. He's from a wealthy family and I could see him doing it because he thinks life is a game. His kids are not his top priority. His drinking habits are.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

She had to do something for him to get an OP. what is she not telling you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)