Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a piercer at a tattoo shop ask me anything...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm bored and have 45 minutes to blow.  Feel free to ask anything, I don't judge.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (221-230):
ginger813
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

thanks for the suggestions! I'll give those a try. Hopefully I can start wearing earrings more often again!

Quoting JoyfulinSD:

The wonderful thing about getting pregnant is your body will do whatever it takes to protect you and the baby.  Your body just didn't stop protecting you.  I just answered another question and told her that I seen people have surgical steel in their Tragus and can't in the lobes.  titanium is the most accepted metal to the body, try thisotherwise you can get hypoallergenic acrylic jewelry.  the only way to explain is your body chemistry has changes and is watching out for you.

Quoting ginger813:

I'm really glad you posted this! I have an issue that's been a problem for the last 8 years or so. I have 4 piercings in each ear at the bottom and one on the cartilage of my left ear. I used to be able to wear any kind of earrings (silver, gold, cheap "junky" metal... whatever cheap jewelry is made out of, lol). Since I got pregnant with my oldest though, I can't wear earrings anymore. After just a couple of hours, they get so red and sore and filled with pus. If they are real gold or silver, I can wear them a bit longer before this happens, but never for more than a day. My cartilage piercing doesn't bother me at all though. I have a sterling silver hoop in now, that I've had in for almost a year, with no problems. Is this normal? What caused the sudden change, and is there any type of earring that you think would make it possible for me to keep earrings in? 

K_D88
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
No questions. Thanks for what you do! Helping create uniqueness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Where?

Quoting eyeheartsin:

What shop do you work at? I own a tattoo shop in CA :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM
How much do you charge for a lip piercing?
bchilds2010
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Ty i will ask i still gonna wait just incase

Quoting JoyfulinSD:

Our shop does not pierce or tattoo on pregnant moms, because we do not want to cause undo stress on the baby.  Some shops will and at 13 weeks, there shouldn't be too much stress for the baby but still ask your OB/GYN and see if your shop will with a note from your DR.

Quoting bchilds2010:

i want to get my industrial done can i get that done pregnant I'm only 13 weeks

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulinSD
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

$35 to $45 depending on the jewelry.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you charge for a lip piercing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Have you ever peirced someone's clit or anus?

JoyfulinSD
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I'm actually at the Ink Spot in Aberdeen, SD.  I like to hear of other shops around because we go to conventions and would love to meet others while I'm there.

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Where?

Quoting eyeheartsin:

What shop do you work at? I own a tattoo shop in CA :)

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I was told corset peircings ALWAYS will reject, is this true 

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM

How long after having a breast augmentation should you wait to get nipple piercings?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN