Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a piercer at a tattoo shop ask me anything...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm bored and have 45 minutes to blow.  Feel free to ask anything, I don't judge.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
just_hc
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My son wants gauges in his ears.  My question is do they ever close up on their own or will the most likely require surgery to correct once when he decides he no longer wants them.

mybabiesmom1
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM

i'm in the process of stretching my ears. i am currently at size 10g and i talked to a guy that said he was a piercer and tattoo artist that we met coming out of a store and he looked at my ears and said i could jump straight to a 3g. Is that really advisable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I don't think there is a lot of scar tissue. One grew out ( piercer put it to close to the surface) and I took the other out. Both no more than a month after I had them pierced.

Quoting JoyfulinSD:

Depending on if there is scar tissue.  Women who breast fed don't seem to have much of an issue with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

How bad is it to re-pierce your nipples? I want to get mine re-done. It has been 5 years.

JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Absolutely, There is no way that I would ever say something like that.  I've pierced everything from dd+ to a lady that had a mastectomy and had the nipple tattooed on.  I'm a bigger girl and I am mature enough to do my job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you very professional about piercing private areas, as in do you refrain from making jokes about the way people's bodies look?

i am asking because I went to get my nipples pierced and the guy said that my boobs were tiny and he likes girls with dds... I left and didn't get anything pierced after I told him he was rude.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I just wouldnt be able to go out and do it. I will stick in my head that he doesnt like or want me to have it. It would bother me to get it pierced again knowing that he doesnt like it

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i dont mean to LOL but i have to....dh told me i cant get a tattoo until he gets one first...i got 4 before he got his 2...yes i did it with out his permission but i dont need his permission..he was livid about all of them and i only paid for 1 LOL

Quoting gabeybaby07:

nothing to ask, but i really miss my vertical hood. took it out when preggers and dh wont let me get it pierced again.

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM

if he didnt like it or find it attractive then that i agree with...i would ask first..yes

Quoting gabeybaby07:

I just wouldnt be able to go out and do it. I will stick in my head that he doesnt like or want me to have it. It would bother me to get it pierced again knowing that he doesnt like it

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i dont mean to LOL but i have to....dh told me i cant get a tattoo until he gets one first...i got 4 before he got his 2...yes i did it with out his permission but i dont need his permission..he was livid about all of them and i only paid for 1 LOL

Quoting gabeybaby07:

nothing to ask, but i really miss my vertical hood. took it out when preggers and dh wont let me get it pierced again.

JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Depending on if your septum is crooked or if it was just pierced crooked.  the easy way to see how it will look is to hang the clamp off the septum.  If it's straight, your good to go.  the septum piercing is actually under the cartilage so there shouldn't be a huge issue with a repierce.

Quoting PaperClip811:

I got a janky (crooked) septum piercing almost a year ago.. I really want to get it redone. I guess to have it redone it'll have to be further back? Would I still be able to roll it up?

JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM

For men - 65 he got a Prince Albert.  Women - 74 She got her nipples

Quoting NiCo86:

How old is the oldest person you have pierced, and what did they get pierced?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I know you didn't ask me, but babies can get their ears pierced at any age. In Mexico, baby girls routinely get theirs pierced in the hospital immediately after birth and Pediatricians and OB's will sometimes do it right in their room as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

How young can a kid be with parental consent for getting thier ears pierced? I don't want dd to get her ears pierced via that gun contraption but she is young.

JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Short may play a role in it but, the veins that you see when you roll your tongue up are usually the stopper.  try another shop, see what they say.

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

i have a really short tongue and was told no when i tried to have it peirced. is that really an issue?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)