Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a piercer at a tattoo shop ask me anything...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm bored and have 45 minutes to blow.  Feel free to ask anything, I don't judge.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (81-90):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I had mine done to for a few years, and my fiance hated it, and so I took it out. I should get it done again though, since Im not with him anymore! :)

Quoting gabeybaby07:

nothing to ask, but i really miss my vertical hood. took it out when preggers and dh wont let me get it pierced again.

tifbrown
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Finally, one of these I have an actual interest in. I have been dying to ask a piercer a question. I got my belly button done at 14, it took forever to heal. I had in a barbell with a small ball on the bottom. I ended up snagging it and ripping the bottom ball right up and out through the hole. It healed much better after that, but a lot closer to the surface. 11 years and 2 kids later I still have a hole, even though there has been nothing in it for years. But, it is too ridiculously close to the surface to put anything in it. I have heard that if you re-pierce behind the original hole that the new one would push it closed. Is this true? If I am going to have a hole there anyway, might as well have it look cute and put something in it. I will add that my skin is very thick. When I got it done the poor girl had to use every bit of strength she had to push the needle through. She said that in 8 years she had never experienced skin that tough. And, there is quite a bit of scar tissue there now. So, what do you think, will this fix it or am I doomed to a life with an ugly, pointless hole?

mineandme
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I had my belly button pierced 15 years ago. 10 years ago I was pregnant with my first, i kept my piercing as long as physically possible but it started pulling so I took it out innthe 7th month. I never went back and repierced it but now have a ring style scare where the piercing is. I have thought about just repiercing so it doesn't look so akward; would that be a possiblity?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Do you pierce belly buttons with hoops or bar bells ? When I was 13 some dumb broad at the local piercing studio ( tattoo parlors were not yet legal here ) pierced my belly button with a hoop and it never healed right and left a nasty scar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I have questions about piercing my nipples.
Will the holes close up completely if I take them out later on(if I don't want them anymore?)
Will my nipples stay hard forever?
Will you be able to see them through a bra or shirt?
tryna.be7
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Im planning on gettin my nipples pierced and a vertical hood in the next month or so... My questions are 1. Do you really lose sensation in ur nipples once they're pierced (ive heard u do) and will it affect breastfeeding in the future?? And 2. Does gettin ur hood pierced hurt really bad?? Actually any advise on that would be great...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Church of Steel, 8th and Broadway. See Fernando.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you recommend a shop in the San Diego area to get my vch done? I don't want to just go anywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Sha-bam! Thank you :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Church of Steel, 8th and Broadway. See Fernando.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you recommend a shop in the San Diego area to get my vch done? I don't want to just go anywhere.
JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Generally a long as you go no bigger than 00 Double ott they will close up to a normal piercing size.

Quoting just_hc:

My son wants gauges in his ears.  My question is do they ever close up on their own or will the most likely require surgery to correct once when he decides he no longer wants them.

JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Well, you will tear your ears.  1-2 guage jumps you can go to a 8 maybe a 6 but go slow.   FYI there's a 2g or a 4g  3 is not a standard guage size. 

Quoting mybabiesmom1:

i'm in the process of stretching my ears. i am currently at size 10g and i talked to a guy that said he was a piercer and tattoo artist that we met coming out of a store and he looked at my ears and said i could jump straight to a 3g. Is that really advisable?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)