Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 year oild diagnosed with....

Borderline personality disorder, borderline aspergers, and emotional impairment. Wtf. this is my brother and next week my mom has to take him in for a urine test to find out if he has a chemical imbalance to find out if hes fully aspergers or just borderline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (21-27):
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
No to wifi electronics in bedroom and older appliances and yes to airport. Also tons of ford plants around here

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

This may sound odd but does your mom live near large EMF fields? Alot of studies have been done about EMF's and the dmages it does to the body and mind, simply by lving near a power plant or those large Power Line Towers. Some people are more sensitive to EMF's and it can severly affect them. Does she have WiFi, that can trigger issues, does she live near an airport? How old are her appliances? The odler they are the more EMFs they give off... How many electronics does he ahve in his room, your extremely vulnerable to EMFs while you sleep so it's best to keep electronis at least 6 feet away from your bed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Im sorry to hear your brother and your family are going through this. He is lucky to have such a caring sister like you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

How can he be diagnosed with BPD when the symptoms don't usually show up until adolescence or adulthood? Serious question, not bashing.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Idk maybe because he shows all the symptoms you wouldnt be surprised if you knew him. I love him to death and he CAN be a good kid but.... Yeah hes got some major issues.

Quoting lalaboosh:

How can he be diagnosed with BPD when the symptoms don't usually show up until adolescence or adulthood? Serious question, not bashing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I'm sure he does if your mom is getting him checked out. I hope you guys get through this ok. I'd get a few other opinions before making a treatment plan, but that's me. Good luck.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Idk maybe because he shows all the symptoms you wouldnt be surprised if you knew him. I love him to death and he CAN be a good kid but.... Yeah hes got some major issues.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
He was diagnosed as being having Bipolar disorder, or the doctor thought he might have it?

I ask because have not heard of children being given a firm diagnosis of being Bipolar until they were young adults.

Quoting Heatherp23:

My stepson was is 5 and was diagnosed as a high functioning autistic, adhd, and bipolar disorder. he has seen several therapists to control his mood swings but nothings helped. Good luck

Heatherp23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM

He was diagnosed with it. We went to several therapists that said the same thing. I'll have to get the paperwork from his BM when we go visit in a few weeks. His Dr was very apt on getting him put on medications but we are all against it (me,my dh, DS' BM and DS' Step dad)

Quoting Anonymous:

He was diagnosed as being having Bipolar disorder, or the doctor thought he might have it?

I ask because have not heard of children being given a firm diagnosis of being Bipolar until they were young adults.

Quoting Heatherp23:

My stepson was is 5 and was diagnosed as a high functioning autistic, adhd, and bipolar disorder. he has seen several therapists to control his mood swings but nothings helped. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)