Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My SO and I agreed that I get a job at nights. We need the extra money and I wanted to get out of the house for a bit. So I started work two weeks ago and have had one night off since I started. It's been crazy. I come home at around 12:30 am every night. I get up at 6 am with the kids and get DS off to school. I am so overwhelmed and SO doesn't help around the house. So I get home and have to clean. I am angry and just can not stand him right now. Vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Does it ever change anything, even for a short amount of time?  You could always get home one day to a messy house and tell him then that you're putting in your two week notice the next day.  

Quoting heartnhidin:

I have, he doesn't communicate back to me. He literally sits there and goes "okay yeah I know"

Quoting jillbailey26:

Talk to him about it.  Let him know that he needs to help more around the house or you'll be forced to quit.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

yeah usually when they've been working a while and we finally get a job, they don't see it as them having to be equal partners in the house hold. they still think everything is our jobs. good luck with that.

mom_3.0
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

fuck that. If you both have to work, HE should be the one getting them up in the morning at the VERY LEAST

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM
My hubby worked nights for 5 years and I worked days, now the roles have switched and he lets me sleep in and takes care of the house work. but our kids are old enough to get themselves up and ready for school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Try turning off whatever is on that he's so enamoured with (tv, computer, phone). Then try it again.

Quoting heartnhidin:

I have, he doesn't communicate back to me. He literally sits there and goes "okay yeah I know"

Quoting jillbailey26:

Talk to him about it.  Let him know that he needs to help more around the house or you'll be forced to quit.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I dont think anyone on here has balls. Just saying

Quoting Sassy762:

Don't listen to anyone that is a Coward and doesn't have the balls to quote me and say this under their SN

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't take this childish advice.  She's not even married.  What the hell does she know?

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

Tell him that he needs to help out and IF he doesn't then you won't be cleaning either

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

Tell him that he needs to help out and IF he doesn't then you won't be cleaning either

somemore83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Maybe divide up some of the household things and ask him to do some.  It is not fair if you are working also.  I do not work, but my SO helps around the house.  You are going to get burned out doing everything.  I hope you can come to an agreement.  I like how when you are a sahm they make excuses that all you do is stay at home but when you get a job they have no more excuses and still refuse to help.  I have been there before and there is a reason I am no longer married to him.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

You would be surprised....I think there are a lot more men on here than most of us think, lol

Quoting svolkov:

I dont think anyone on here has balls. Just saying

Quoting Sassy762:

Don't listen to anyone that is a Coward and doesn't have the balls to quote me and say this under their SN

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't take this childish advice.  She's not even married.  What the hell does she know?

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

sorry, if I work the evening shift Dh lets me sleep in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN