Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My SO and I agreed that I get a job at nights. We need the extra money and I wanted to get out of the house for a bit. So I started work two weeks ago and have had one night off since I started. It's been crazy. I come home at around 12:30 am every night. I get up at 6 am with the kids and get DS off to school. I am so overwhelmed and SO doesn't help around the house. So I get home and have to clean. I am angry and just can not stand him right now. Vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM

he should clean the house that's not right you need to talk to him asap.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You should check out how big MY balls are!

rolling on floor

Quoting Sassy762:

You would be surprised....I think there are a lot more men on here than most of us think, lol

Quoting svolkov:

I dont think anyone on here has balls. Just saying

Quoting Sassy762:

Don't listen to anyone that is a Coward and doesn't have the balls to quote me and say this under their SN

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't take this childish advice.  She's not even married.  What the hell does she know?

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

Tell him that he needs to help out and IF he doesn't then you won't be cleaning either

KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

that's ggross though they have kids! he needs to.stop being lazy.

Quoting jillbailey26:

With some husbands, that advice actually works, but not all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't take this childish advice.  She's not even married.  What the hell does she know?

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

Tell him that he needs to help out and IF he doesn't then you won't be cleaning either

Mommie2Kailen
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

This

Quoting jillbailey26:

Talk to him about it.  Let him know that he needs to help more around the house or you'll be forced to quit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

This is why my husband and I agreed that I wont work. I know that he wouldn't get things done when he's home the way I do when I am. It would still all fall on my shoulders even if I was working too and I'm just not doing it. Just tell him that you need his help around the house now that you are working. I mean really, what else can you do?

MommyGray83
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I went to work in August of last year because we were just getting back on our feet after a long downward spiral. We needed the money to get caught up on bills. I lasted until November of that year. It was overwhelming. I had to spend nights away from my family, and where I worked, I couldn't do it. My husband understood when I told him that I couldn't go back, there was drama that involved me and the supervisor and I wasn't going to fight her when I knew that I did nothing wrong, I just didn't want to be there.  I was pregnant as well, so I think that I got too emotional. But while I was working my husband was the most helpful guy around the house.

I would suggest talking to him and telling him that it is not fair that you have to work and do all the chores around the house. Maybe he jus doesn't recognize that you need him.

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

he doesnt need to help, he needs to participate in the running of the household which involves cleaning.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Yes he does.  She's working now too, the household stuff should be split between them.

Quoting KaylasMama11:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

heartnhidin
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM
He will get up and help with whatever it is I just asked. But not keep up with helping.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Does it ever change anything, even for a short amount of time?  You could always get home one day to a messy house and tell him then that you're putting in your two week notice the next day.  

Quoting heartnhidin:

I have, he doesn't communicate back to me. He literally sits there and goes "okay yeah I know"

Quoting jillbailey26:

Talk to him about it.  Let him know that he needs to help more around the house or you'll be forced to quit.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

definitely that's to much.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Yes he does.  She's working now too, the household stuff should be split between them.

Quoting KaylasMama11:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Go on Strike

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)