Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting tired of....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm really getting tired of all my friends and family asking if we will be getting a amniocentesis with this baby. We will not be. The way we see it is if we are meant to have another baby with Down Syndrome we will love and accept this baby just like we did with Joseph. We will be doing the blood work to see if my levels are up and at risk but that's it. The high risk doctor and my ob will be keeping a close eye on the baby's heart as well. I k ow they are worried but we aren't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That must be frustrating! I'm getting really tired of my father in law asking me if we know the sex of our baby and when we're finding out. How many times do I have to say we aren't getting any more ultra sounds and we aren't finding out the sex?! I know it's different, but it's a little similar. :)

tleedavis
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you, and it really isn't any of their business anyways.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!!!
I don't blame you, I wouldnt do it either and the family & friends need to MYOB

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Oh I understand that. We are only 10weeks and 6days but everyone keeps asking me what we are having.

Quoting lalaboosh:

That must be frustrating! I'm getting really tired of my father in law asking me if we know the sex of our baby and when we're finding out. How many times do I have to say we aren't getting any more ultra sounds and we aren't finding out the sex?! I know it's different, but it's a little similar. :)

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Bump
takingbacklove
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM

The only reason I did the testing at 12wksish was to get a another peek at my baby. I actually tried to turn it down but the tech really pushed for it. 

CafeMom Tickers
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We didn't do them with our boys. My family feels like since we have one child with Down Syndrome we should do the test.

Quoting takingbacklove:

The only reason I did the testing at 12wksish was to get a another peek at my baby. I actually tried to turn it down but the tech really pushed for it. 

takingbacklove
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is that people think that having a child with downs is like the worst thing ever?? Most people I've met with downs are awesome, loving, caring, and better than most people as a whole. More power to you for not testing or being worried. 

Quoting amy1will:

We didn't do them with our boys. My family feels like since we have one child with Down Syndrome we should do the test.

Quoting takingbacklove:

CafeMom Tickers
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That's Joseph. He is such a awesome kid. So loving and happy. He only cries when he's really hurt or sick. Its like I told everyone if we aren't meant to have another Joseph we will love this baby just the same.

Quoting takingbacklove:

Why is that people think that having a child with downs is like the worst thing ever?? Most people I've met with downs are awesome, loving, caring, and better than most people as a whole. More power to you for not testing or being worried. 

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting takingbacklove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)