Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pageant Moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

This is out of pure curiosity - Are most pageant moms seriously like the ones on Toddler and Tiaras?

I'm curious to know - how many moms do this with their daughter(s)/son(s) or grandchildren.

Do you pay the kind of money that they portray in the show? If you do - do you put pageant money before bills? What's an average of what you spend on a single pageant? (practice, dresses/clothes, makeup, travel, ect.)

What made you start doing them? Were you a pageant kid/teen? Do you do 'glitz' or natural?

Are you only 'in it to win it' or are you also trying to teach your kids the values of winning/losing and working hard to obtain goals?

If you do put your child in pageants - do they enjoy them? Do you think it's a type of child abuse if you force your child to do something that they dislike. Do you consider putting makeup and blah blah on a child abuse? 

And if you personally don't do pageants - how do you feel about them?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM
BUMP
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM

To each their own. 

CAR2008
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I have been doing pageants with my son since he was 15 months old.  He is now 4 and this is his last year.  There are certainly Moms like those on Toddlers and Tiaras, but most are not.  I spend about $100 on a pageant, some will be more like the State Finals we will go to in May.  Obviously since I have a boy, we do not do hair and makeup.  He has a tuxedo and after he outgrows it, I sell it and buy another.  This past weekend, his outfit of chioce was a pair of his Wranglers, a George Strait shirt and his cowboy hat, all of which we already had.  The theme was Sweethart, so I got a pillowcase and cut a head hole and arm hole and got a gold ribbon and tied it around his waist and he was Cupid, with a bow and arrow he already had as well.  He loves getting up on stage and waving and doing his thing.  Never has he said he didn't want to do it or have I had ro force him up there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured