Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STBX drama

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Okay so my soon to be ex husband walked out on us 8 months ago. It tore me and Dd up but we are getting better. He plans on leaving the state at the end of next month. But now all of the sudden he wants to see dd every Wednesday and Sunday until he leaves. She has barely seen him in all this time. He is NOT her bio dad. She does adore him. He has problems though. I just don't want to let him back in her life for him to leave in 6 weeks.

But he swears he is going to be a part of her life and wants to push with the adoption even though we are divorcing. I don't think I want that anymore. I don't know what the hell to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't do it
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I wouldn't do it either
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Adoption with a stbx? No way. You could lose custody of someone's who is not her dad. These things happen. Not a chance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I just don't want her to find out down the road that he wanted to be there and I said no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't do it

mybabiesmom1
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Yeah. I realize it could happen. Slim chance. But I need to figure out if I am going to allow him to be in her life. He has been her daddy since she was two and she is almost 10

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

Adoption with a stbx? No way. You could lose custody of someone's who is not her dad. These things happen. Not a chance.

sampson200
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

1. Do NOT allow him to adopt her. What? He's leaving. He's moving to another state. He cannot parent from another state. And the legalities that would ensue in the years to come because he's legally her father....gah. Cut your losses on that dodged bullet.

His prior actions the past 8 months have SHOWN you what a shitastic father figure he'd be: STATES away. What a dipshit.

2. He can visit her; at YOUR house, while you're there.

How old is your daughter?

He's leaving in 6 weeks; but in 8 months he couldn't be bothered?

I would protect my child and say, no, he could not see her because for HER SAKE, you aren't going to put her through this again.

You've already had to explain to her why 'dad' isn't around anymore, you really want to have to do that a 2nd time when he does all this 'i'm hanging out with her for 6 weeks before I leave the state so I can feel good about myself and leaving'.

He's doing this to make himself feel better.

He isn't thinking about what that will do to her at all.

And again, adoption: NOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM

What is STBX?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM

This Exactly

Quoting sampson200:

1. Do NOT allow him to adopt her. What? He's leaving. He's moving to another state. He cannot parent from another state. And the legalities that would ensue in the years to come because he's legally her father....gah. Cut your losses on that dodged bullet.

2. He can visit her; at YOUR house, while you're there.

How old is your daughter?

He's leaving in 6 weeks; but in 8 months he couldn't be bothered?

I would protect my child and say, no, he could not see her because for HER SAKE, you aren't going to put her through this again.

You've already had to explain to her why 'dad' isn't around anymore, you really want to have to do that a 2nd time when he does all this 'i'm hanging out with her for 6 weeks before I leave the state so I can feel good about myself and leaving'.

He's doing this to make himself feel better.

He isn't thinking about what that will do to her at all.

And again, adoption: NOOOOOOOOO

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Soon To Be Ex-Husband

Quoting Anonymous:

What is STBX?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured