Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Women with 2 or More Children and did NOT have an epi

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. 

My first 2 were delivered vaginally and I had an epi with both. This time around I REALLY want to go natural. I had my previous children also in a military hospital on bases. THEY WERE HORRIBLE. I was restricted to the bed and to laying on my back which I know was because of the epi, but I felt like I almost had NO say in how my delivery went. 

This child is going to be delivered in a civilian hospital where I hope things will go more my way. My question is, did any of your deliveries after the 1st seem easier, harder, or about the same and why......

Thanks!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
MDWife12
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Ive had two hospital births and one homebirth, my first hospital birth sucked i was induced and ended with an epidural. My second hospital birth was better - i went into labor on my own and finished on my own, no pain meds at all. My third labor and delivery at home was the easiest of all bc i got to eat as i pleased, birth in the comfort of my own home and i was relaxed alot more. I will never have another hospital birth unless medically necessary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

All 3 of my babies were born vaginally and drug free.

My 3rd baby was the easiest.

My first, she came 3 months early and was 2 pounds, so it was a very stressful labour and delivery. And painful.

My second was HELL. Don't even want to talk about it.

Thrid was awesome. Painful, but very manageable.

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

i had epi with first two and nothing with my last if i ever have another i will be going drug free (well pain drug free lol) i did have to be induced with my last, but even then i did fine and would rather be pain drug free :) Find a good mid wife and maybe a birthing center if they are in your area :) you can pm me if yuo want

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

They were all about the same. I never had an epi. I got a meditation CD while I was pregnant and got used to meditating with it. I meditated thru the hard contractions

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
My 1st was super easy, fast, I only got the epi at the end. My second was a nightmare. I chose to go natural, and I was in so much pain, I was in active labor for TWO days at the hospital. The contractions were stacked- no relief. I had back labor and baby was posterior. Also ripped my cervix as she came out and I ended up with emergency surgery. Should have gone with the epi!!
Aeonix
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
My first was honestly a breeze, I had a epi due to high blood pressure. My second was FAST. I delivered her 10 minutes after I got to the hospital. Had I not called a ambulance I would have delivered at home, likely with a lot less pain. My third was a c-section so no choice. I can't really compare any if them though because they were all so drastically different. The thing I noticed with my laboratory though is they go fast, so usually by the time I feel like I can't take it anymore I'm already complete lol.
Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My first child when I was 19 came so quicky I could not get an epidural. The next 2 were induced with pitocin. I did not have an epidural with those either but I had nystal (sp) with one and stadal with the other. It helped me relax a little but mostly I close my eyes and talk myself through the pain. They were much more painful than the other because of the pitocin and of course the babies probably were not ready.

Oh I had epistomies with the first 2 but not the last. My doc said I didnt need it, most of the time your body can push through it with minimal tearing and that heals faster than stitches.

Good luck! you can do it.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM

My third was the hardest, and only because her shoulders were so big and she got stuck.

robsgurl_23
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I had no drugs for my oldest and that is the way I wanted it with my youngest and I was determined to not have any drugs but I ended up getting the epidural and I was not happy with saying yes to it until I got it and felt much better...=) Oh I had pitocin with both my girls. My youngest was a pound heavier then my oldest as well.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Each delivery is different but that being said going natural will be intense and painful. This is essentially the first time you will register the pain that your body has already felt before but you were blocked. Sadly it doesn't matter between civilian hospital or military they are the same. I've had two in military hospital and two in civilian hospitals. I had many issues with both. It is much easier for them to try to form us to their schedule pushing pit and epideral. The best way to limit the issues you will have is to labor at home until you no longer can walk anymore. This worked for me so well. I went in the hospital, I was at 7cm and I couldn't have the epideral by then. When the option just isn't there it makes it so you don't have to fight yourself. Practice focusing on other things, breath, tell the nurses to fudge off and position yourself however you want. They didn't even have time to hook me up to the monitors because I went from walking in at 7 cm to having my daughter 15 min later. I was my least stressful delivery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured