Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Women with 2 or More Children and did NOT have an epi

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. 

My first 2 were delivered vaginally and I had an epi with both. This time around I REALLY want to go natural. I had my previous children also in a military hospital on bases. THEY WERE HORRIBLE. I was restricted to the bed and to laying on my back which I know was because of the epi, but I felt like I almost had NO say in how my delivery went. 

This child is going to be delivered in a civilian hospital where I hope things will go more my way. My question is, did any of your deliveries after the 1st seem easier, harder, or about the same and why......

Thanks!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Mine were both natural and were about the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM

My kids #3-6  came to fast to have an Epi

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I didn't like the idea of a big needle in my back so I didn't get an epidural. Both births were rough but the second one was only 8 hours and the first was 12. I'm having another baby in July and again all natural. I'm hoping it will be even shorter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I delivered both of my children w/out an epidural. the 1st time around it was perfect. I only labored for 8 hours. 5 of which at the hospital. I was allowed to walk around and up and down the hallways. that helped a lot. it made the pain not so bad. the only time it was really bad was the few times they dragged me back to the bed to monitor me and baby for a few mins. being flat on my back in bed just made the paid unbearable. but as long as I was up and moving around, the pain wasn't so bad.

my 2nd labor and delivery was horrible. but I was induced with that 1. I had never been induced before so I didn't know what to expect. I went into it thinking I would at least try to do it w/out an epidural. but that labor went fast. I had her 4 hours after they hooked up the pitocin. they broke my water like 2 hours later and my contractions went thru the roof. it was just 1 after the other and extremely strong and painful. it was just 1 after the other. and cuz I was stuck in bed I couldn't get up and move around. I finally requested an epidural cuz it was just too much. but my daughter came before I could actually get it. so I had her w/ out the epidural and pain meds. it was the worst labor and delivery. it was so painful I thought I was gonna die. pitocin also made me really nauseous so I was throwing up as well. so I am absolutely never gonna be induced every again. I think had they let me labor naturally, it woulf have gone a lot better.

mestiza_07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM
My 3rd was my hardest and most painful. I wanted to not have the epi but since my water broke and wasn't progressing I had pitocin. And the contractions were the worst ever. But my epi was the best. Back story, my first the epi didn't work and it basically natural. My 2nd I slept through my contractions until they were 8 minutes apart then be basically fell out when my water broke. No epi but it was also in the ER. Let's just each experiencevwas very different from each other.
addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I went natural with my 2nd and it was so much better than my 1st. Everything just seemed more, well, natural. Lol

It did hurt a little more but the overall experience was great :)

Good luck!

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I went natural with my second. The best and easiest and fastest labor I had. Lol
k1kelley
by Kim on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I went all natural-not by choice- with my first. I progressed too quickly and the nurse didn't believe me, so when she checked me I was ready to push. With my 2nd-I had an epidural. It was heaven compared to my first. Good luck and I hope you get the delivery you want!

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I did opposite. I had 2 all natural and then 2 with epis. I much preferred the births with epidurals.
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I had an epi with my first and not with my second. If I have anymore I will NOT be getting an epi! I felt MUCH better after delivery without one AND my body naturally did most of the work versus I had to do most of the work with the epi. I spent WAY less time pushing without the epi versus with. 

Good luck and congrats on your 3rd!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN