Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sister wives

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am watching this on Netflix and the husband comes across as he's gods gift to women.

Not sure what I think of this show..

I can't imagine being OK with my husband cheating on me. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Has it really been 5 whole seasons!? I thought that it was 3 or 4 at the most.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I really like the show. Watching the lifestyle is interesting.. it definitely took me out of my comfort zone, but 5 seasons in and I am more accepting and tolerant and enjoy watching the family. I keep thinking- man there are so many things wrong with this, but at the same time, it's completely their choice to be in that lifestyle and to try and separate them would be beyond cruel.

Kody- I go back and forth on- he is genuine enough but so dumb sometimes it hurts to watch.

Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

lol yep, they just wrapped up season 5. Who knew they could stay interesting that long

Quoting Anonymous:

Has it really been 5 whole seasons!? I thought that it was 3 or 4 at the most.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I really like the show. Watching the lifestyle is interesting.. it definitely took me out of my comfort zone, but 5 seasons in and I am more accepting and tolerant and enjoy watching the family. I keep thinking- man there are so many things wrong with this, but at the same time, it's completely their choice to be in that lifestyle and to try and separate them would be beyond cruel.

Kody- I go back and forth on- he is genuine enough but so dumb sometimes it hurts to watch.

BabyFruit Ticker
batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I'm in a relationship with just me and my man and I don't share my kitchen. I won't share my kitchen. :)

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Did you see their friends?? The really organized guy with three (?) wives? They were so affectionate and happy. THOSE are people who WANT to be in a plural marriage. These people don't come across that affectionate and harmonious. They can't even share a kitchen for cryin out loud!

Quoting ripemango:

i think they aren't ok w it, but feel like they are sacrificing/putting up w this BS now to ensure a better afterlife

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how they view it. But I still couldn't do it because to me he is cheating and honestly listening to them talk about their jealously I think they are not as OK with it as they claim to be.

Quoting ripemango:

they do not view it as cheating. they never go into it in the show but they believe that by being in a plural marriage, they will be given a better afterlife

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

i could NEVER be a sister wife.

NO NEVER

akrall83
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Tlc pays them quite well for doing the show.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

I'm fascinated by this show.  It's like driving by an accident on the freeway--you don't WANT to look but you have to.  Most of the wives don't seem very happy, and how the hell can they afford all these houses they're building??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I love the show...I couldn't live like they do, but if that is what they want to do, more power to them

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Thats very possible. They just don't seem happy. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/sister-wives-the-browns-the-dargers-video_n_2230405.hltm

I also feel like theyre constantly tryinh to defend that this is what they want to do. seems like theyre trying to convince themselves. 

Quoting ripemango:

i did not see that episode. i think it quite likely though that what we see on tv and how it actually is w/in their home could be vastly different.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Did you see their friends?? The really organized guy with three (?) wives? They were so affectionate and happy. THOSE are people who WANT to be in a plural marriage. These people don't come across that affectionate and harmonious. They can't even share a kitchen for cryin out loud!

Quoting ripemango:

i think they aren't ok w it, but feel like they are sacrificing/putting up w this BS now to ensure a better afterlife

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how they view it. But I still couldn't do it because to me he is cheating and honestly listening to them talk about their jealously I think they are not as OK with it as they claim to be.

Quoting ripemango:

they do not view it as cheating. they never go into it in the show but they believe that by being in a plural marriage, they will be given a better afterlife

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

but youre not a polygamist! lol

Quoting batmansgirl:

I'm in a relationship with just me and my man and I don't share my kitchen. I won't share my kitchen. :)

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ripemango:

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. I think it is what they believe they MUST do, not what they want to do.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/sister-wives-the-browns-the-dargers-video_n_2230405.hltm

I also feel like theyre constantly tryinh to defend that this is what they want to do. seems like theyre trying to convince themselves. 

Quoting ripemango:

i did not see that episode. i think it quite likely though that what we see on tv and how it actually is w/in their home could be vastly different.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ripemango:

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I agree!! Though Robin seems to want to be there. But of course, she needs someone to take care of her.

Quoting ripemango:

Agreed. I think it is what they believe they MUST do, not what they want to do.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ripemango:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)