Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sister wives

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am watching this on Netflix and the husband comes across as he's gods gift to women.

Not sure what I think of this show..

I can't imagine being OK with my husband cheating on me. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Wow!! They're very interesting. I'm amazed how 5 seasons flew by.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

lol yep, they just wrapped up season 5. Who knew they could stay interesting that long

Quoting Anonymous:

Has it really been 5 whole seasons!? I thought that it was 3 or 4 at the most.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I really like the show. Watching the lifestyle is interesting.. it definitely took me out of my comfort zone, but 5 seasons in and I am more accepting and tolerant and enjoy watching the family. I keep thinking- man there are so many things wrong with this, but at the same time, it's completely their choice to be in that lifestyle and to try and separate them would be beyond cruel.

Kody- I go back and forth on- he is genuine enough but so dumb sometimes it hurts to watch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM
psht, I wouldn't mind three other wives to help with the kids, cooking, and cleaning.

I used to watch this show but haven't seen it in a while. Did they just randomly stop airing it this fall?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I guess one penis fits 5
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Actually, he was encouraged to court Robin by Mary.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only on season 1 episode 1.

He's just all I want to court robin and the wives are like yeah he's been hinting about getting another wife

Lmfao

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Kody is a schmuck. No game, lame hair and crybaby wives.

GrimmLotus
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Cody is an idiot, I think they could of found a better family to do the show about that topic with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

What bothers me is that Cody, Mary, Janelle, and Christine have all filed bankruptcy and are now getting these new homes. It is frustrating to me and some of the bankruptcies are not old.

sampson200
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM

What I don't understand, and maybe it's zoning laws or something, is - if they have enough money to purchase 4 ajoining properties in Las Vegas, why not purchase those four lots, and build ONE mega-house on that cul-de-sac?

That's what they miss the most, right?

One home again?

So, damn, build one big home and enjoy your life.

Instead they're building 4 ridiculously large homes and then what happens when all the kids move out in 10-15 years?

Quoting rebeccab1966:

I'm fascinated by this show.  It's like driving by an accident on the freeway--you don't WANT to look but you have to.  Most of the wives don't seem very happy, and how the hell can they afford all these houses they're building??

takingbacklove
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that they aren't as happy as they try to appear to be. They do openly say that their version of polygamy is much different than most others. I do think that their "friends" werent their friends until the show because they were discussing their situations as if it was their first time meeting and the other family is obviously going to get a spin off. I'll watch the spin off because I'm intrigued but I'm not closed off to "fakeish reality tv."

I've seen every episode and it's quite obvious that not all the women really like each other. What I think is even MORE obvious and important is the love they all share for the children. It's amazing how much they care for children that aren't biologically theirs. I feel for Mary the most but I think she's being pretty selfish about the house. Does she really NEED a wet bar?? 

CafeMom Tickers
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I love the IDEA of sister wives, but in reality it would be completely creepy to share a man.  I think I just love the whole big family dynamic. Those kids are so close to each of the moms, maybe its just the family thing I like, not the plural marriage. I would love to share a kitchen, as long as I didn't ahve to do dishes. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I think that show is disgusting! that man is just having his cake and eating too he's living every mans dream and what makes me even more sad is that us women are actually so dumb to act on it and give that type of life style to a man, aint NO man gonna fuck some others women pussy and then come the next day and fuck mine YUCK!!!... Oh but I bet if they do a show where a woman has multiple husbands she will be called a slut , a whore and every name in the book. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)