Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think someone can REALLY be addicted to being pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

I have heard people on here talk about it a little bit and I am just curious what you all think about it. Can someone be "addicted" to getting pregnant and having babies? What puts someone in that category? Do you KNOW anyone like that?

I am pregnant with my 5th child. I love being a mom and I do enjoy being pregnant... and I could not imagine NEVER being able to have another baby. People have asked me if I'm going to get my tubes tied after this baby and the answer is NO. I'm sure I will want at least one more baby some time in the future. When I was younger, I never really thought about having kids. But after I had my first, I just kept getting pregnant (all by my DH) and it seems like each time one of my babies starts getting older (2-3), I get that baby fever again! I wouldn't say I am ADDICTED to having babies though... I just love being a mom and raising kids. I'm sure we will have one more but I think 6 will be our limit. People often look at me like I'm crazy... or even TELL me I'm crazy and they'll say things like "How do you do it?!" I don't know... I just do. It just comes naturally. lol

If YOU have a lot of kids... why did you make the decision to have a large family? Do you like being pregnant? Or just like being a mommy of a lot of kiddos? Or both?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I don't know but not the case for me. I hate pregnancy especially the first trimester and last. This pregnancy has not been fun and I don't want to do it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I think everyone has a preference for what lifestyle they want to live.. I personally have no intention or desire for a large family. But I can understand and respect someone else's love and desire to do so. To each their own.

"Calm your tits... It's not that serious."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

How many kids do you have?

Quoting HaloWithHorns78:

I don't know but not the case for me. I hate pregnancy especially the first trimester and last. This pregnancy has not been fun and I don't want to do it again.

jupiter5
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

i dono but i find myself wanting another andim only 3 mo pp, its crazy...

SunshineBird
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I know a woman who seemed to keep accidentally ending up pregnant when the youngest started getting close to school age. I think she was addicted to staying home and not working though. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have 3 kids but I do believe I struggle with an unhealthy like for pregnancy and birth.

I know this bc I don't care to raise another child but still crave being pregnant and mostly laboring! I enjoy babies/toddlers but I honestly am not ready for another child, luckily my husband is grounded enough to say the truth and I can accept that it's not a good time.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I think it's entirely possible. There is a woman in the UK that surrogates a lot because she enjoys pregnancy and loves buying the cute maternity clothes, but does not have her own children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask the Duggars
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I'm only pregnant with my second, but I'm scared to death of labor. Lol. Idk if I would be able to do it. I can't fathom, for myself, to not be able to have more kids though.

I've personally not met anyone that has a lot of kids, the most I know of is 6. And I think if you like it, then do it. I've had great pregnancies, but my first labor was traumatizing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
This is my 3rd.

Quoting Anonymous:

How many kids do you have?

Quoting HaloWithHorns78:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)