Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think my sister was rude as hell!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
We went in and got our 88 year old grandmother a kindle and we also were attempting to add books she already has to it. We got halfway done .we are talking nearly 3000 dollars spent so far.
She has to go to a rehabilitation center after she has hip surgery.
Anyway she owns tons of books. We are talking clutter o books.
Well when we gave it to her my brother said almost all of her books were on there and we gave her a 100 dollar gift card to buy more.
My sister says so now we are going to declutter and get rid of all these books and you better not buy anymore to add to your fire hazard of a house
O_O

It kinda upset grandma because there were some older ones that werent able to be put on it and some of them have deep meaning to her and idk I told my sister off and she said ph please we all know grandma needs to clean and get rid of them that's why we got her the kindle in the first place.
At this point grandma looks sad and tries to hand the kindle back and said she isn't getting rid of her books
My brother said she didn't have to we got her the kindle to help her pass the time when she is rehabiliting
Anyway I left taking my sister with me and she is like wtf it needed to be said. She understands. Blah blah

I am so mad at her. Like I could have punched her in her pig nose mad
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince04
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM
That's so F'd up. I would be mad. Is your grandma a hoarder? I see family get really mad on that show
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM
When it comes to books. Yes.

Quoting momsince04:

That's so F'd up. I would be mad. Is your grandma a hoarder? I see family get really mad on that show

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU should have punched the TWAT......how dare she talk to her grandmother like that....smdh

keversole
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM

This makes me want to cry. I would have slapped her if my sister said something like that.

momsince04
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I don't know why your sister thinks its ok, but I would have slapped her. You should tell her to help her clean up her books instead of bitching about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

When it comes to books. Yes.

Quoting momsince04:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
:( I have more respect for my grandmother than to ever talk to her like that.

I'd just explain to your grandmother that you'd like to help her weed out books she has on her kindle and that aren't special to her but you wouldn't take any books that she wants to keep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this

What stopped you? I would have done it in a New York minute! NOBODY speaks to my grandmother like that! Nobody!

There! I'm mad too! Go over to your sisters house and punch her for me too! Gah!

My granny is 86, I'd smack anybody that spoke to her like that.

gabby416
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM

awe, poor grandma.  Bad sister!  shame on you!

gabby416
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I hope when grandma's hip is all better she declutters your sisters house!  lol.  meanyhead!

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM
My grandma wouldn't need me to do her smacking, she'd do it herself. lol

Quoting DanaG70:

What stopped you? I would have done it in a New York minute! NOBODY speaks to my grandmother like that! Nobody!

There! I'm mad too! Go over to your sisters house and punch her for me too! Gah!

My granny is 86, I'd smack anybody that spoke to her like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)