Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you punish your kid this way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies
My friend RSVP'd to my sons party. I told them I have to pay $15 per child so please let me as soon as you can. I also told them to order extra pizza so I counted the adults in for that. They say "no refunds" on the paper I signed.

Her son was bad at school today and she cancelled for the party. I think that is so rude! I bought these nice party favors, paid per child and counted them in on extra pizza. There isn't a better way to punish him. I would never RSVP and not go unless my kids were sick or there was an emergency. I think it's completely rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM
22 moms liked this
I think if her child misbehaved she has the right to take the party away
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I think she has every right to punish him how she feels fit....I take away things all the time from my kids including going to parties...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Get over it. Some kids don't learn lessons without having things they want to do taken away. You should have payed for a couple extra anyways because you never know who will bring siblings
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
7 moms liked this
I'd offer to pay you back for the extra that would have been for me and my kid, but she has every right to take the party away from her child as a punishment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would offer to reimburse you but yes she has every right to take the party away.
shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM

i totally agree 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I think if her child misbehaved she has the right to take the party away

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM

bump

imamombygrace
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
5 moms liked this
Maybe she doesn't know how much you are spending, but cancellations are the risk you take throwing parties at kid venues. She also knows how to punish her child how it fits her family. Sorry you are out. Maybe you can let your little one invite someone from class whi doesn't have a lot of friends. Space gets filled, nothing goes to waste, , and kiddo gets a good lesson..maybe even new friend.
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I would never punish my kids like that. It doesn't just affect THEM! It affects the bday boy or girl too. I would find a MUCH better way of discipling my child! I am with you. It was rude of her to not consider your childs feelings or the fact that you already paid for his way! 

Two_Hearts
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Sorry , but yes if my DD (10 yrs) got in trouble at school ..then she would be grounded for the weekend , and i would not allow her to go to the party.

I would also however , give you back the $15 that you had spent on my child for the party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured