Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you punish your kid this way?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend RSVP'd to my sons party. I told them I have to pay $15 per child so please let me as soon as you can. I also told them to order extra pizza so I counted the adults in for that. They say "no refunds" on the paper I signed.

Her son was bad at school today and she cancelled for the party. I think that is so rude! I bought these nice party favors, paid per child and counted them in on extra pizza. There isn't a better way to punish him. I would never RSVP and not go unless my kids were sick or there was an emergency. I think it's completely rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Why would people bring their siblings? Good lord.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it. Some kids don't learn lessons without having things they want to do taken away. You should have payed for a couple extra anyways because you never know who will bring siblings
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally would punish my kids like this and worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes I would punish them that way. I don't reward bad behavior.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I'd do that. just saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM
People do it all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would people bring their siblings? Good lord.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it. Some kids don't learn lessons without having things they want to do taken away. You should have payed for a couple extra anyways because you never know who will bring siblings
meparty
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

she has every right.  You dont reward a misbehaving kids with rewards. 

AMDS0304
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

It would depend on what happen at school. if I needed to yes I would not let them attend the party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM
It would depend what the child did. It sounds like you ate more upset about the money you are out than the punishment though. That's fine I understand
Just own it.
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I would pay you back immediately for the cost. I only cancel if the kids are sick or there is some other sort of emergency....never as punishment. I have been known to take away their goody bags though.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would pay you if I felt that was an appropriate punishment.  I probably wouldn't use that a s punishment though, because it is always upsetting to the party kid if people don't show up that he expected.

I might give you the $15 and make my kid drop off the gift and leave-because I am the meanest Mommy in the world you know!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)