Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you punish your kid this way?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend RSVP'd to my sons party. I told them I have to pay $15 per child so please let me as soon as you can. I also told them to order extra pizza so I counted the adults in for that. They say "no refunds" on the paper I signed.

Her son was bad at school today and she cancelled for the party. I think that is so rude! I bought these nice party favors, paid per child and counted them in on extra pizza. There isn't a better way to punish him. I would never RSVP and not go unless my kids were sick or there was an emergency. I think it's completely rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (151-153):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Yes. No way am I taking my child to a pizza party is they were beig bad in school that day, I don't reward misbehaving. It's not rude, it's parenting. It happens, if you are going to get upset, don't plan pricey parties where you lose money if people can't make it.

pampire
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM

This.  It's inconvenient, but that's life.  Rude would have been not calling to let you know they couldn't attend.

Quoting imamombygrace:

Maybe she doesn't know how much you are spending, but cancellations are the risk you take throwing parties at kid venues. She also knows how to punish her child how it fits her family. Sorry you are out. Maybe you can let your little one invite someone from class whi doesn't have a lot of friends. Space gets filled, nothing goes to waste, , and kiddo gets a good lesson..maybe even new friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I agree with you OP. I would find another way to punish my DD in that situation. I wouldn't inconvenience another parent (or disappoint their child!) due to something my child did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)