Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you punish your kid this way?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend RSVP'd to my sons party. I told them I have to pay $15 per child so please let me as soon as you can. I also told them to order extra pizza so I counted the adults in for that. They say "no refunds" on the paper I signed.

Her son was bad at school today and she cancelled for the party. I think that is so rude! I bought these nice party favors, paid per child and counted them in on extra pizza. There isn't a better way to punish him. I would never RSVP and not go unless my kids were sick or there was an emergency. I think it's completely rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Her kid gets in trouble and it's all about you. Waaa waaa. Pull up your panties ya baby!!

Mommy4two
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Bring the siblings ... I'm sure as hell not paying for them though... My son just went to a b-day party at the roller skating rank and I had no choice but to bring my daughter but I kept her away and paid her to do her own thing.... 

Quoting Anonymous:

People do it all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would people bring their siblings? Good lord.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it. Some kids don't learn lessons without having things they want to do taken away. You should have payed for a couple extra anyways because you never know who will bring siblings

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AngelRT:

I would never punish my kids like that. It doesn't just affect THEM! It affects the bday boy or girl too. I would find a MUCH better way of discipling my child! I am with you. It was rude of her to not consider your childs feelings or the fact that you already paid for his way! 

I wouldn't be concerned with the birthday child.
megan71108
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Better 15$ then $50
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I find that very inconsiderate and rude. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AngelRT:

I would never punish my kids like that. It doesn't just affect THEM! It affects the bday boy or girl too. I would find a MUCH better way of discipling my child! I am with you. It was rude of her to not consider your childs feelings or the fact that you already paid for his way! 

I wouldn't be concernhed with the birthday child.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM

She has every right to punish her child how she sees fit. That being said; yes. I would do that for punishment. But I would offer to reimburse you for the money you spent on the party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Quoting AngelRT:

soooo I wouldn't be concerned with what you thought either..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

no I wouldn't. I would still have my child go. just find another way to punish them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM
it sounds as if you are more pissed off about having wasted that money than your sons not having been able to enjoy their special day with their friend . And the party favors/bags you can send it to him . Is not like he cant eat it
NiCo86
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

It's her parenting choice to take away the party. It happens, my son has lost out on birthday parties that he's been RSVP'd to as well because of bad behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)