Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you punish your kid this way?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend RSVP'd to my sons party. I told them I have to pay $15 per child so please let me as soon as you can. I also told them to order extra pizza so I counted the adults in for that. They say "no refunds" on the paper I signed.

Her son was bad at school today and she cancelled for the party. I think that is so rude! I bought these nice party favors, paid per child and counted them in on extra pizza. There isn't a better way to punish him. I would never RSVP and not go unless my kids were sick or there was an emergency. I think it's completely rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

And this is why our country is fucked. assholes like you. :D

Seriously though, I dont care what you all think either. I certainly wouldn't be whining about someone NOT showing up but you bet your ASS I would not be inviting said child or parent again. I also would encourage my child to find a different friend b/c his parents are rude and will probably pass that onto their child. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AngelRT:

soooo I wouldn't be concerned with what you thought either..

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I can see both sides, but I personally wouldn't punish my child like this unless it was something MAJOR they did at school. I think it's letting your child down and disappointing to another child/family so that's why I wouldn't allow it.

But, devil's advocate, if their child is having issues and nothing is getting through their kid's head, then this may be necessary for them. I think it sucks because of the extra money and all but if he was sick would you feel any different? To be further devil's advocate here, the kid is "sick" in needing some discipline. I wouldn't let it worry you though.

And just out of curiosity, what kind of party is $15 a kid! That seems crazy expensive to me. Not trying to be rude or bitchy, just curious. Take the extra pizza home and enjoy your sons special day. Oh yes, and for goodness sakes save yourself the agravation next year and don't invite this kid again!

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM
If they were suspended at school, I would cancel. A bad day? Depends on how they act when they get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Good for her for being a good parent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I've done it. You probably should have paid for a couple extra kids anyway in case someone shows up who didn't rsvp.
TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Unless what my kid did in school was REALLY bad, I wouldn't use that as punishment - it's so sad for the birthday kid and I've seen how guest lists shrink when two kids are sick and they were giving a third a ride to the party and one got in trouble and family comes into town so another one can't come... It adds up fast and there goes the bday kid's big day! If I really did HAVE to take the party away, though, I'd reimburse you with apologies and drop off a gift.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Um, I would not allow my child to go to a party if he/she was misbehaving. It's MY call as their parent how I discipline them. I've canceled playdates because my kids were giving me attitude all morning. It happens. Going to a party is a reward for good behavior. 

Would you allow your child to go to a party if they were being bad? Do you think they'll learn their lesson if they do (go to the party)? I don't think they will.

thatgirl70
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I agree that she does have the right to punish her kid as she sees fit, but she should reimburse you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Hell yes I'd punish my kid that way. I'd give you the money you spent on my kid, then his ass would be doing all the chores I could come up with to pay ME back the money I was out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AngelRT:

I'd be pleased as punch to not have to deal with you and your spawn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)