Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you punish your kid this way?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend RSVP'd to my sons party. I told them I have to pay $15 per child so please let me as soon as you can. I also told them to order extra pizza so I counted the adults in for that. They say "no refunds" on the paper I signed.

Her son was bad at school today and she cancelled for the party. I think that is so rude! I bought these nice party favors, paid per child and counted them in on extra pizza. There isn't a better way to punish him. I would never RSVP and not go unless my kids were sick or there was an emergency. I think it's completely rude.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM

It is rude.  And you should have told her everything you said here.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No wonder there's so many misbeaved kids, they know they ct bad and still get what they want, nd can go where they want. And yes I'll post using my SN.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Look, every time you have a party there is a cost per person.  It may  not always be as spelled out as in this case because you're going to a specific venue and paying per child, but it's always technically there.  And there will always be instances where something comes up and a guest may have to back out last minute.  To  me, that's just part of having a party and part of life.  Honestly, I know you were just trying to get RSVPs in a timely fashion, but I find it a bit tacky that you told the guests how much it was costing you per child...

Sure, it would be lovely of her to offer to reimburse you, but I don't think it's completely necessary, nor do I think she's completely out of line for disciplining her own kid in the way she sees fit.  More pizza for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
No it's actually about my son who was excited to celebrate his bday once a year! And I spent money on her rude ass!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Her kid gets in trouble and it's all about you. Waaa waaa. Pull up your panties ya baby!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I never told them how much. I said let me by such and such date because I have to pay per child. That's tacky? Oh well. I think it's tacky to say you're going somewhere and don't show up.

Quoting Kmary:

Look, every time you have a party there is a cost per person.  It may  not always be as spelled out as in this case because you're going to a specific venue and paying per child, but it's always technically there.  And there will always be instances where something comes up and a guest may have to back out last minute.  To  me, that's just part of having a party and part of life.  Honestly, I know you were just trying to get RSVPs in a timely fashion, but I find it a bit tacky that you told the guests how much it was costing you per child...

Sure, it would be lovely of her to offer to reimburse you, but I don't think it's completely necessary, nor do I think she's completely out of line for disciplining her own kid in the way she sees fit.  More pizza for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Yeah. No wonder kids are fucking rude too. Their parents are rude.

Quoting cutebaby06:

No wonder there's so many misbeaved kids, they know they ct bad and still get what they want, nd can go where they want. And yes I'll post using my SN.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I would and I have. it was a home party though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM
This lady put her four year old in time out for THREE hours for not eating dinner. She's an idiot.

Quoting nerdymom28:

She has every right to punish her child how she sees fit. That being said; yes. I would do that for punishment. But I would offer to reimburse you for the money you spent on the party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Yup, I'd do that. I would offer to pay my kids portion. BUT, at the same time, there isn't a party I have planned where the cost is $15 per child and wasn't fully prepared to pay the price in case other kids couldn't come then divide the coins (or fun) so the kids that came had more.

BazingaMama
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Depending on what my kid did in school, then yes I wouldn't let them go but since it was at a facility then I would apologize and offer to pay back their share and drop off the birthday kid's present another day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)