Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often are you supposed to replace baby bottles?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Someone told me that you should replace the bottles after every child. Something to do with the plastic breaking down? Anyone heard of this before? I know you should replace the nipples, so I suppose it makes sense to replace the actual bottle but I never thought about it before now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I always bought new bottles after every baby.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

same here!

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

I always bought new bottles after every baby.

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
why not use glass bottles?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I tried that with my last baby but she was really picky about her bottles and wanted a wider nipple. I may try them again, since I have them, but I do like using the wider ones. It seems to make going back and forth between BFing and bottle feeding easier.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

noahmommie2012
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
i dont plan on keeping mind. they not that much like everything else for a baby is. glass one u can re use on every kid u have
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
are you breastfeeding? or using formula
you do know that bottles arent even necessary. if she is picky, she can just be fed with a syringe or even drink it right out of a cup.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried that with my last baby but she was really picky about her bottles and wanted a wider nipple. I may try them again, since I have them, but I do like using the wider ones. It seems to make going back and forth between BFing and bottle feeding easier.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jstoddard98
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I've heard that plastic bottles can get tiny cracks that can  harbor bacteria. I'm kind of wondering this myself- number 2 is due in July and I have a ton of bottles that I want to reuse but I'm debating if it's worth the risk. I'm leaning towards no. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I have to supplement because of a medical condition. It's an uncommon one and I have seen several professionals about it. I am actually lucky that I can nurse at all! Some women can't at all with this condition. So I nurse as much as I can and give formula as well.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

are you breastfeeding? or using formula

you do know that bottles arent even necessary. if she is picky, she can just be fed with a syringe or even drink it right out of a cup.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

embersparkle
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I replace my baby's bottles every three months. It's a habit. To me after three months they are gross.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM
That is kind of what I am thinking too. I might try Playtex Nursers (the drop in kind). That way, no bacteria problem. However, I worry that will get expensive.

Quoting Jstoddard98:

I've heard that plastic bottles can get tiny cracks that can  harbor bacteria. I'm kind of wondering this myself- number 2 is due in July and I have a ton of bottles that I want to reuse but I'm debating if it's worth the risk. I'm leaning towards no. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)