Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If someone would have told me 3 years ago.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I graduated almost 3 years ago. I had hopes of going to college, starting a family and going from there. But that all takes time. I planned on still being in college at the age of 20 and being an average 20 year old. I chose to move out on my own instead of going to college. I ended up with my own place, which was better then most people I knew at 18, and I met Ben. My now ex. Our relationship grew from barely know each other to serious very quickly. A month after we had gotten together I found out I was pregnant. We were happy, it was unexpected but everything happens for a reason, right? He said he would stick around, and he did. As time passed and I got closer to my due date things changed, he became.....someone else. Our son was born and you could tell this was the love of his life. He was so happy. Both of them. Fast forward, my son is 8 months old. Ben changes again. Becomes darker, becomes more aggressive. More verbally abusive. I kick him out when my son was 9 months old. He said he was sorry and wanted to work on things, moved back in. Things never changed. I became depressed and didn't want anything to do with anything. He became more aggressive, holes in the wall, threatening to hit me. Fast forward to present. I kicked him out two weeks ago, when the realization that I was in an abusive relationship hit me.I had to get me and my son out of the situation. He comes back, wanting to discuss a visitation agreement, things turn for the worse, he tries to take my son and the cops are called. I now have to hide from him when I leave my apartment, until I can move in April. He is staying with his friend that lives below my apartment. I am 20 years old. Taking my ex to court to fight for custody, which I know they will grant to me but wont give me full. If someone would have told me that 3 short years after high school I would be fighting for custody and being a single mother, I probably would have laughed.

So ladies, now that I have rambled on and on, lets see what yall have to share. Start with "If someone would have told you _ years ago....."

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

BUMP!

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
If someone would have told me 8 years ago that I would be pregnant wore I graduated colleg with my BA,, I would have studied harder and tried to finish. I'm now 6 classes from graduating and it would have been easier if I Would have just finished before I had dd
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

mine would be 3 years ago that I would get really sic but I would grow a whole bunch as a person so it would suck but it would be worth it. I would have made it so I had a better chance of going back to my job after my FMLA was up because although my job was stressful, I loved it. I'm happy with where I am now, as a person, a wife and a mother it was all worth it. But there were some really crappy times, where I was in so much pain, I just didn't care. I'd hate to redo it again, but I would to be here on the other side.

Hopefully in another 3 years you'll think about this as your rebirth. Hind sight is easy, what you learn from your past makes you who you are and how you grow as a person. Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
If i had known three years ago, when i had just gone through with the most difficult time of my life, that things would just go down hill from there. I would have run. Run from everything and start over.
Ive always done things by the book. Ive done everything i thought everyone wanted of me, a people pleaser, a helper. All its done is make me a miserable person, a shell of my former self.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)