Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have a birth plan? If so see the nurse's point of view...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ob3tObX3Fg

LOL. Can someone make it clicky?

I cant get it to go clicky. It's on you tube, search "the birth plan" its the computer generated video.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cryssi_renee
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My birth plan was to have a healthy baby.  i did not care how they got here as long as they where OK I was happy.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't watch videos with my crappy Internet.

I never had a birth plan when hospital birthing. If I had to now, I would have one and although I'd be nice to the nurses, wouldn't care about their POV on my birth. I'm the one pushing a 8-11 lb baby out of me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ob3tObX3Fg

Thank you!!!!

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I had a semi-birth plan but that is ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I'm doing my maternal-newborn rotation in nursing school and we talked about birthing and birth plans today. The professor/nurse said she has seen situations pretty similar to the video, where the parents were very demanding and then the mom ended up demanding an epi and the later needed an emergency c-section. It is over exaggerated in general I'm sure.

Quoting bmw29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

bump

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM

My birth plan pretty much consisted of don't put that damn needle anywhere near me or I will rip someone's head off. LOL I was left in my room to do as I pleased until I called them in because I was ready to push and about 5 minutes later I caught my baby myself. That wasn't in the plan but the doctor asked my husband if he was going to catch the baby and for some reason I thought nobody was down there to do it so I sat up and grabbed him. They all laughed at me but I didn't really care because from that point on I was fairly preoccupied. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm doing my maternal-newborn rotation in nursing school and we talked about birthing and birth plans today. The professor/nurse said she has seen situations pretty similar to the video, where the parents were very demanding and then the mom ended up demanding an epi and the later needed an emergency c-section. It is over exaggerated in general I'm sure.

Quoting bmw29:

kimbotspot
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM

i just want a healthy baby...if I have an epidural or a c-section, then ok. just gimme a healthy baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured