Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Glad I'm "Poor".....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 386 Replies
37 moms liked this

My family is considered to be poor in the eyes of many people on this site.

Why?

Because we qualify for and receive EIC and the child tax credit.

That's all the "PA" we get. My husband make around $2500 a month and that is plenty for us. It allows me to stay home, we have a decent savings, we don't receive any assistance (other than the EIC and child tax credit).

I love my life. We get to take vacations, our bills are paid on time and with no issues (with the exception of the one time I forgot to pay the water bill). We lead a comfortable life.

But more importantly, we love each other and our children like there is no tomorrow. We have memories, we have stories, we have so much more than a lot of people have.

Some may say we are poor and I guess, in terms of money, we are. But are rich where it matters and that's the only way I'd have it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM
6 moms liked this

I wouldn't call you poor. Poor people don't get enough to eat and live in cardboard boxes or in a van down by the river.

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Your going to have people tell you that because you receive the EIC and the child tax credit that your a mooch and that you should get a job ect.. blah blah blah.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM
17 moms liked this
It's nice to see you feel that way!! Too many people these days get caught up on status and material things and forget what's REALLY important and what life is all about!! Rich, poor, who cares?! All that really matters is that you and your family are leading a happy, loving and exciting life. Good for you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Poor to me is not being able to feed your family, pay your bills, having to get help from every resource there is. You're not poor.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM
5 moms liked this

That's the issue with EIC. It doesn't take in to account cost of living and where you are. That being said, if you don't feel poor why file for EIC?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Cool you stay home while on PA-go you!  One of the 47%.  Making America better for your kids-oh wait-this country is going broke-and your kids will be stuck with the bill.

Duh-oh!

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Same here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM
18 moms liked this

Do you assume that people who have money must not love each other and their children like there is no tomorrow?  Do you think people with money for some reason don't have memories, stories and so much more than a lot of other people have?

Why is it that "poor" people believe that rich people aren't rich where it matters as well? Or am I incorrect? 

mary841108
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM
8 moms liked this

i've always said i'd rather be dirt poor and happy with my children and husband than rich & miserable with no one. family, happiness and love makes you rich in far better ways than money!

thatsamorex2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM
25 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)