Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you really DISABLED?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So what do you consider acceptable disorder or illness in order to qualify for disability? I ask bc for years I denied the fact that I was ill. I kept saying I can get an job and keep it and when I ended up in the hospital for it bc my health issues got bad. I finally realized I couldn't do it anymore. Today I got my first help applying for disability and I sometiems feel like I don't deserve help thanks to my ex h's words. And yet I know working is physically impossible at this time and admitting that really hurt. But you can only live in denial for so long. (Title is to get you to read this)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
krickette
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Its sad but both hubby and i are disabled he has been for 31 years from a car wreak . And I got sick back in 2007 with 2 diffrent heart problems and lower disk are degerenting also just had a left knee replacement and will have the right one done on feb 4th. I hope things get better for you all any of us can do it take it one day at a time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am glad he can still work. He sounds amazing. I am sorry he went through all that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't, but dh most certainly is and he still works. You can with VA disability though. He's had 4 knee replacements, has limited feeling in his right hand, is partially deaf in his left ear, and suffers from PTSD. Being at home drives him crazy though so he continues to work.

I am too, but I think he pushes a little too hard. I wish he'd be a little easier on his body, ya know? Thanks! I wish you the best of luck with your health!

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Must have forgotten that I gave the first answer as anonymous

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are anonymous then not. Or are you a different person? Lol

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Lazy bitch syndrome

Quoting Anonymous:

What does she have?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anything my brothers wife "has" is not a disability

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Lol its ok

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Must have forgotten that I gave the first answer as anonymous

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are anonymous then not. Or are you a different person? Lol

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Lazy bitch syndrome

Quoting Anonymous:

What does she have?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anything my brothers wife "has" is not a disability

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I dont know if I qualify or not and havnt tried but I do have a few medical problems that stop me from being able to work certain jobs. I absolutly no way at all can be on my feet for more then 45 mins at a time, so being on my feet 7 hours a day wouldnt work. Its not something u can see unless im having a bad day or been on my feet most of the day and in limping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Thanks. I hope he takes it easy sometimes. So you dint worry so much. Must be very taxing for him

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am glad he can still work. He sounds amazing. I am sorry he went through all that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't, but dh most certainly is and he still works. You can with VA disability though. He's had 4 knee replacements, has limited feeling in his right hand, is partially deaf in his left ear, and suffers from PTSD. Being at home drives him crazy though so he continues to work.

I am too, but I think he pushes a little too hard. I wish he'd be a little easier on his body, ya know? Thanks! I wish you the best of luck with your health!

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I'm disabled, but I work. I have overworked myself before and made it way worse. I wasn't able to hold down a job at all until I got everything back under control.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Thank you so much for saying that. I'm sorry you and your husband are dealing with that for so long. It amazes me what people can live through. Hugs I hope things get better for you too

Quoting krickette:

Its sad but both hubby and i are disabled he has been for 31 years from a car wreak . And I got sick back in 2007 with 2 diffrent heart problems and lower disk are degerenting also just had a left knee replacement and will have the right one done on feb 4th. I hope things get better for you all any of us can do it take it one day at a time

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I know what you mean more than 20 minutes at a time standing and I am hurting very bad. I'm sorry.

Quoting nikkik526:

I dont know if I qualify or not and havnt tried but I do have a few medical problems that stop me from being able to work certain jobs. I absolutly no way at all can be on my feet for more then 45 mins at a time, so being on my feet 7 hours a day wouldnt work. Its not something u can see unless im having a bad day or been on my feet most of the day and in limping.

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Sometimes the most humble of people have the hardest time admitting to needing help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)