Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guns & alcohol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I do not really care about guns one way or another, I don't have an opinion on the matter. I think if people own them and are responsible, then fine.  I also feel the Newtown tragedy is so horrible.  But what I can't understand is why people are so outraged when a man walked into the school & killed 20 children with a gun.  But no one cares when someone takes out a beautiful family every day through drunk driving wrecks.  I know someone who lost 4 family members in one of the most horrific drunk driving wrecks that I have ever heard of.  And it happens all the time in the larger cities.  I think that over 100 people have been killed by drunk drivers in my city alone during a year's time.  I live in LA.  Why is there no outrage over banning alcohol?  Is it because it's so old hat?  Because it happens all the time & no one cares anymore?  Because so many more people like to drink than like to carry guns? 

What is the difference?  Alcohol kills way more people.  20 children vs. thousands every year?  I don't get it?  And again, it's not that I'm not sympathetic.  I cried for days over those sweet children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Why is my post not showing up on the feed?  Bump again! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM

A lot less people are afraid of alcohol. That's why.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

agree.  

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM

No one has committed mass murders with a bottle of Jim Beam.

kate80
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
They have developed harsher penalties for drinking and driving, but you are right. People are not crying at their tv. They have heard it too many times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN