Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 day military diet... UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Has anyone done this? Did you get results?

I'm mobile so no link.

http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet

UPDATE:

Well ladies, I started on Friday morning at 139.4 lbs... This morning I was 137.2. Not a huge difference. Day 1 was easy and I felt great. Day 2 SUCKED for me. I was hungry, had a headache and didn't have any energy. But then day 3 I felt great and had tons of energy! I will not be doing this diet again, but I'm glad I tried it. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (51-56):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Yeah definitely! I will update on day 4 in the morning. :)

Quoting ilana_ny:

It would be fun to compare the lbs we loose :-)?/??? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I started this morning. I feel good so far but I did get hungry between breakfast and lunch. I am used to much bigger portions lol

Quoting ilana_ny:

I wanted to start today, but forgat to but pinat butter :( so starting tommorow. When do you start?

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Now I'm defend toy want to do it.  :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah definitely! I will update on day 4 in the morning. :)

Quoting ilana_ny:

It would be fun to compare the lbs we loose :-)?/??? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I started this morning. I feel good so far but I did get hungry between breakfast and lunch. I am used to much bigger portions lol

Quoting ilana_ny:

I wanted to start today, but forgat to but pinat butter :( so starting tommorow. When do you start?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:03 AM
i know when you read it, it doesnt seem like alot, but it is. Typically i only eat a small snack during the day, and then dinner, so eating all 3 meals, its alot! and the dinners are huge! thats alot of food lol

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Seriously.. Too much food? Lol.. Really?

Quoting Anonymous:

im on day two. my only issue is its too much food, lol...the lunch and dinners are seriously over stuffing me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:04 AM
its a lot of food.

Quoting southernbelletx:

If that is stuffing you something's wrong. Stuffing you full of nitrates preservatives and empty calories is about it

Quoting Anonymous:

im on day two. my only issue is its too much food, lol...the lunch and dinners are seriously over stuffing me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I could do that meal plan every day and be fine...until my body started craving a hearty meal...then I'd need a big fat juicy steak. Lol. I weigh 92 pounds.
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM

this is no where near enough calories for the average person.  don't you all realize that everyone has different daily caloric requirements based on an individual's age, height, current weight and current exercise levels?  we do not all weight the same, we are not all the same height, we are not all at the same activity level therefore, how can this cookie-cutter "diet" accommodate and more importantly, satisfy everyone's dietary needs?!

time and time again, i read about women who will do anything to lose weight fast... how is this physically possible considering it took months and years to put on all of your weight?  however much you weigh - whether you're severely overweight or slightly overweight - you did not put on all that weight in a week or weeks... it took a MUCH LONGER TIME THAN THAT so how can you expect to lose that weight in a shorter time frame?

"lose 10lbs per week" is complete bullshit... do you not realize that losing 10lbs of fat per week is physically impossible without cutting off a limb?  the HEALTHY amount of fat to lose per week is 1-2lbs.  extreme weight loss is very hard on your organs and body.   extreme "diets" like this will only make you lose water weight and dehydrate you... then once you resume eating regular foods at your regular portions, you more than double your weight.  also, this is severe food deprivation and this "diet" cannot be sustained forever.  you want healthy eating habits that will last you a lifetime and this is not it.

THE ONLY WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF IS TO MAKE A LIFESTYLE CHANGE.  cookie-cutter diets such as this TEACH YOU NOTHING about proper nutrution that is right for your body -- you are merely following a disastrous diet that will only leave you feeling deprived, hungry and awful.  then you will quit this diet, put on all the weight back and maybe more and feel even more awful.  eating within your caloric range for weight loss will give you all the nutrition you need, leave you feeling satisified and satiated without feelings of hunger or deprivation and make you drop the pounds slowly but surely... and KEEP IT OFF...why?  because understanding nutrition teaches you life-long skills for long-term weight management and when you UNDERSTAND how food works with yor body, what type of foods work best for your body, you keep the weight off for good.

i apologize for being all preachy etc but these crash diets are not good for you and only perpetuates your feelings of weight loss failure.  if you want to do it the healthy way, feel free to post any questions.  i have lost all of my weight and then some (worked all of 2012 to get it off) and i'm now in the best shape of my life -- even better than when i was in my early teens/20s.  i'm not a fitness trainer or anything like that - i'm just a mom like you who was unhappy with my weight and wanted to do something about it but i wanted to do it the healthy way so i made a lifestyle change,  researched the hell out of everything, made myself into a fitness/nutrition expert (for myself) and learned what works. 

Quoting Anonymous:

DAY 1: BREAKFAST--1/2 GRAPEFRUIT, 1 SLICE TOAST,
2 TBS. PEANUT BUTTER, COFFEE OR TEA

LUNCH--1/2 CUP TUNA, 1 SLICE TOAST, COFFEE OR TEA

DINNER--2 SLICES ANY TYPE OF MEAT (ABOUT 3
OZ), 1 CUP GREEN BEANS, 1/2 BANANA, 1 SMALL
APPLE, 1 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM

DAY 2: BREAKFAST--1 EGG, 1 SLICE TOAST, 1/2 BANANA

LUNCH--1 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE (OR 1 SLICE
CHEDDAR CHEESE), 1 HARD BOILED EGG, 5
SALTINE CRACKERS

DINNER--2 HOT DOGS, (no buns), 1 CUP BROCCOLI,
1/2 CUP CARROTS, 1/2 BANANA, 1/2 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM

DAY 3: BREAKFAST--5 SALTINE CRACKERS, 1 SLICE CHEDDAR
CHEESE, 1 SMALL APPLE

LUNCH--1 HARD BOILED EGG, 1 SLICE TOAST

DINNER--1 CUP TUNA, 1/2 BANANA, 1 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM

This combination of foods is supposed to help lose weight, not sure why. I am on day one and feeling good.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the military diet? I can't view the link

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)