Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If someone was bullying your child..ETA with story

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

at school and on facebook.. would you say something? What would you do?

My 17 year old sister has been bullied since she was sexually assaulted 2 years ago. She switched schools, since she went to school with her predator. That didnt work out, so my mom let her do online school. She got a full time job and the online school was not working for her. Because she has a few more credits she decided shed continue her job and go to their night school program.

Yesterday She worked 8 hours at her fast food job and went straight to work... This girl told her that her fat ass smelled like french fries and BO and was passing a note around the class about my sister. My sister put on FB "Its disgusting that people are so cruel, and this bitch is pissing me off" So then the girl who was on her fb already commented and called her all kinds of names. My Mom then replied and said "keep your head up, your doing everything right. I thought that night school was for young adults to learn.. keep doing what you're doing and ignore the little girls who have nothing better to do than to talk about you" Then I commented on it pretty much the same thing and how proud we all are of her. The girls been through some DEEP shit in her life... The girl keeps commenting and going on and on and on about how my Mom shouldnt be involved and how a 40 year old osmething woman shouldnt be taking up for her. My sister hasnt seen it yet, because shes at work right now, since there is no night school on Friday. But this girl wont shut up.

I FINALLY told her "Look, you need to go block my sister and keep your mouth shut. My sister is better than you and you wont bring her down. Leave her alone. You're lucky that all my Mom did was tell you to quit and to call you out here, because if she was my kid, my ass would be up at that school getting this taken care of with the school officials. if you want to keep going I will be happy to do this." She keeps commenting on it saying she took screen shots and is turning us into the police.. haha. WHAT?! Then she deletes it.

My Mom and sister live 6 hours away, so there isnt much I can do. I just know they are going through a VERY VERY VERY hard time right now, and this little girl doesnt need to make it worse!!!

What would you do?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

If it was on facebook, I would block the little bastards from their accounts. If it was at school, I would report it to the teacher and principal.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I really don't know but I can't stand the thought of my baby being bullied ever :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hisgirl616
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was on facebook, I would block the little bastards from their accounts. If it was at school, I would report it to the teacher and principal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

okay Im going to edit this and tell the whole story lol

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I home-school however we belong to a co/op and there was some girls spraying the boys with perfume I made the case that it was a form of bulling and my sons story was part of a play here on bulling that is about to go national

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this
My son has been getting bullied at an afterschool program...it was brought to the directors attention, the kids were reprimanded but it continued. I had had enough last week when my son came home in tears. We finally called the police...a really nice officer spoke to my son and if continues we will be filing harassment charges with the juvenile court.
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I would make my child block them off their facebook and I would be meeting wth the principal.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM

bump for ETA

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I'd teach my kid to fight, to not take the bullying lying down, to stand up for themself. I'd call the school and teacher. I'd make sure my kid was in an empowering after-school activity to help build other friendships.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM

bump for the edit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured