Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Went to urgent care today...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

To have a splinter professionally removed! I felt so embarrassed to have to ask a doctor to remove a splinter like a 4 year old or something lol. I've been having splinter like pain in my foot for about 3 days now, but couldn't see anything in my foot! Low and behold after fishing around with a giant needle for a while the doctor held up the prize! LOL! Of course my foots even more sore now, but I'm so happy I decided to suck up my pride and go lol!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I won't take splinters out myself either. But I just go to my dad to remove them. I also take ds to gpa to remove his. I am a grown adult and I can't remove my kids splinters. Yep. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I won't take splinters out myself either. But I just go to my dad to remove them. I also take ds to gpa to remove his. I am a grown adult and I can't remove my kids splinters. Yep. Lol.

Lol! Usually I'm fine, heck I could even cut myself open if I had to, but I just couldn't see it! I thought I was losing my mind haha! It was really small and really deep!

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM
When that happens I use drawing salve

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Lol! Usually I'm fine, heck I could even cut myself open if I had to, but I just couldn't see it! I thought I was losing my mind haha! It was really small and really deep!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

When that happens I use drawing salve

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I never heard of that! I'll have to check it out!

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Had to get this removed at the doctor because I was going in and out of consciousness trying to get it out of DDs foot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting macysmom:

Had to get this removed at the doctor because I was going in and out of consciousness trying to get it out of DDs foot.

Oooh that ones nasty! I bet it hurt so bad! 

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM
It hurt my heart to hear her scream MOMMY NO STOP! so I gave up and called the doctor. She got it from a pool deck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Quoting macysmom:

It hurt my heart to hear her scream MOMMY NO STOP! so I gave up and called the doctor. She got it from a pool deck.

Aw, there's nothing worse than hearing your child scream in pain :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)