Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Serious!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel stupid asking this but its partially my DH fault because when I ask him stuff when I really don't know the answers he laughs at me (such a dumbass) That is why I'm anon. because I know you ladies can be cruel to people like me.....

So, here is my issue: I know I'm dehydrated and I have been drinking fluids NON STOP but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. This has been a week now. When I was growing up when I got dehydrated I always had to go to the hospital and get fluids because I could never get myself back to that point I needed to be. This time around DH says to try it on my own. So water water water! Still nothing. I'm so weak still from the flu, my lips dry within a half a second of licking them and I feel like I'm going to throw up so I drink a sip of water and I feel better then it's back again, so I know I'm dehydrated.

My Question is: (Now really don't make fun) Couldn't I go to the hospital and tell them that I'm dehydrated or something and they will fix me right up? DH says they will look at me like a crazy chick and lock me up! lol. Seriously though I'm tired of drinking all of this water and nothing is improving.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

No. You're not crazy. I'm the same exact way. I very rarely get sick as an adult, but when I get dehydrated I need IV fluids. Are you really small? The doctor told me its because I'm small. Fevers just overwhelm my body and suck me dry. It's awful!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I do not think water is doing the trick. You need and should be drinking lots of gatorade. This will help more with the electrolytes. This is what your body is lacking right now. If you try this and it doesn't work then I would say go on to the hospital. But this is always helps with me tho. I do the same every time I get a virus or the flu and have always been like that. 

Your husband should not laugh at you for this. He should be laughing at his self since he didn't think of Gatorade or Power Aid. lol Hope you get well soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM

same to me.. i get a fever and im like a zombie robot. haha but I'm 5'4 110lb so yeah when I get sick its like #^&*#&^%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

When I was a kid it was all the time my immune system really wasn't that great from being a premie but as an adult it got a little better and since I met my DH 7 years ago this is the second time I got sick lol

Quoting Anonymous:

No. You're not crazy. I'm the same exact way. I very rarely get sick as an adult, but when I get dehydrated I need IV fluids. Are you really small? The doctor told me its because I'm small. Fevers just overwhelm my body and suck me dry. It's awful!

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM

we had that rage through the house at Thanksgiving.  dh said he hadn't seen me that sick ever, I was in the same position you were.  then he got it and he all but asked me to hold the bucket while he was puking.  we've been together forever, but that was a bonding experience we hadn't had yet.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

our whole family had the stomach flu last weekend.....TMI and gross but I had to have a bucket while I was on the toilet and one point....the flu is not fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

thanks! I went to the doctors today but I saw the Nurse Practitioner and she is new and seemed so nervous and just brushed me away so I was like whatever.. It's funny because I have yet to throw up  I come close a few times but I haven't but have the (ehh, embarrassing lol) diarrhea for a few days and it's funny she didn't even ask me if I had any of that or whatever. thanks again*

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

You can try some pedialyte. Maybe even mix it with water. If you've been vomiting and/or diarrhea for a few days you might want to go in and get checked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

same to me.. i get a fever and im like a zombie robot. haha but I'm 5'4 110lb so yeah when I get sick its like #^&*#&^%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

When I was a kid it was all the time my immune system really wasn't that great from being a premie but as an adult it got a little better and since I met my DH 7 years ago this is the second time I got sick lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg! Yes! The zombie fevers! The hallucinations are SO bad! Hope you feel better soon mama! If you feel you need to go, go!

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I had to have dh bring me the bucket while I was in the bathtub. But he didn't stick around for me to throw up. You know what true love is? Having someone hold your hair back while you puke. Unfortunatly dh has a light stomach and wouldn't be able to handle that.

Quoting ff-princess:

we had that rage through the house at Thanksgiving.  dh said he hadn't seen me that sick ever, I was in the same position you were.  then he got it and he all but asked me to hold the bucket while he was puking.  we've been together forever, but that was a bonding experience we hadn't had yet.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

our whole family had the stomach flu last weekend.....TMI and gross but I had to have a bucket while I was on the toilet and one point....the flu is not fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

thanks! I went to the doctors today but I saw the Nurse Practitioner and she is new and seemed so nervous and just brushed me away so I was like whatever.. It's funny because I have yet to throw up  I come close a few times but I haven't but have the (ehh, embarrassing lol) diarrhea for a few days and it's funny she didn't even ask me if I had any of that or whatever. thanks again*

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

You can try some pedialyte. Maybe even mix it with water. If you've been vomiting and/or diarrhea for a few days you might want to go in and get checked out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM

lol, mine wouldn't either.  the man has a stomach of steel at work when he's getting puked on and worse by patients, but when it comes to his own family the sound, sight, or stench of vomit all of a sudden renders him helpless. 

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I had to have dh bring me the bucket while I was in the bathtub. But he didn't stick around for me to throw up. You know what true love is? Having someone hold your hair back while you puke. Unfortunatly dh has a light stomach and wouldn't be able to handle that.

Quoting ff-princess:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:22 AM

You could easily go get IV fluids, but it will cost you a small fortune. First, I would try fluids with a little sugar. Gatorade, Kool-aid (half sugar maybe), juice. Pedialyte can also be good for dehydration. It may take you days to get back to feeling hydrated if you have been sick. Your body is burning a lot of fluid working overtime. 

xtina8817
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:33 AM
I get UTI's with no pain, so ibdont notice them. They go on so long they turn into kidney infections. THEN I notice them! By that time I'm so dehydrated I have to get an IV. the last time, I went in and told them "I've got a serious UTI and I need an IV and meds" they kind of "uh huh sure honey. Come on back and we'll see what's ACTUALLY going on" I peed in a cup and it was dark brown. The doc said "holy shit you need an IV"………DUH. Lol I know how you feel!!! Get better!!
surromama
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I wouldn't look at you crazy. I would say you have a history of dehydration and the only thing that helps is an IV.
Hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN