Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Serious!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel stupid asking this but its partially my DH fault because when I ask him stuff when I really don't know the answers he laughs at me (such a dumbass) That is why I'm anon. because I know you ladies can be cruel to people like me.....

So, here is my issue: I know I'm dehydrated and I have been drinking fluids NON STOP but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. This has been a week now. When I was growing up when I got dehydrated I always had to go to the hospital and get fluids because I could never get myself back to that point I needed to be. This time around DH says to try it on my own. So water water water! Still nothing. I'm so weak still from the flu, my lips dry within a half a second of licking them and I feel like I'm going to throw up so I drink a sip of water and I feel better then it's back again, so I know I'm dehydrated.

My Question is: (Now really don't make fun) Couldn't I go to the hospital and tell them that I'm dehydrated or something and they will fix me right up? DH says they will look at me like a crazy chick and lock me up! lol. Seriously though I'm tired of drinking all of this water and nothing is improving.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Replies (31-34):
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM

You go to your doctor & tell them you think you might be a diabetic, because extreme thirst is one of many symptoms of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Our nurse practitioner in our DRs office told me to hold an ice cube on my sons 2nd degree burn. This was the day after. I will never ever see one again. The First page is giving sound advice. Try Gatorade. If that doesn't help soon I would go in. Better to be safe than sorry. GL!
Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM

You probably have a touch of the flu. Vomiting and dia-ree-ahhh will both cause you to dehydrate. Get some Gatorade, powerade or pedialyte.  Get some frozen popsicles too....Pedialyte makes pops that you can freeze.  Try to sip that...If it doesnt work, Id definitely make an appt w/ your doctor, or go to ER..They WILL give you an IV..that'll rehydrate you. My best friend had to do that a couple times...come to find out her potassium and magnessium levels were extremely low too.

Tell Dh to be more compassionate and less of a dumbazz...Hope ya feel better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
If you are truly dehydrated you have lost electrolytes. As someone with supposed chronic dehydration issues I would hope you would know this basic medical information. If you are dehydrated you need more than W.A.T.E.R.

Why do you think you are dehydrated?

Quoting Anonymous:

if you read what i wrote i said.... W.A.T.E.R

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you think you are dehydrated?

What are you drinking?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN