Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We just made a lifestyle change.

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I are heavy. We just watched Supersize VS Superskinny on Youtube. We watched a few episodes.. and we realized (we've known this but never took action) we really need to start taking care of ourselves. We just threw ice cream away, dumped all the pop down the drain, thrown marshmallows, nutty bars, chips, whatever else we had that wasn't good for us, or that our body didn't need away.

I was first watching the episodes by myself and the DH saw them, I was about to turn it off because he is sensitive about his weight, but he wanted to keep watching, so we did. I'm so proud of him to take the initiative to throw all that crap away.

My nutrition teacher said if you really want to lose weight, have 134g of carbohydrates a day, no more. DH disagrees with this, but I'm going to do my research.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Replies (21-29):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My problem is I eat healthy shit, but too much of it. 

asaffell
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM

That is awesome! Good luck to you in this - if you need support, let me know. :)

BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you for taking the first step. Keeping up with it is the hard part. Good luck!!

I think 134 is rather high for carb intake. We aim for only 60g.

The teacher/nutritionist says people should get 300g of carbohydrates a day

AliIzzyMom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM
You will find a lot of conflicting information about this. I prefer a much lower carb intake. I guess in the end you have to decide what you can live with and commit to as a lifestyle change.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you for taking the first step. Keeping up with it is the hard part. Good luck!!

I think 134 is rather high for carb intake. We aim for only 60g.

The teacher/nutritionist says people should get 300g of carbohydrates a day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iuangina
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM
It's not really about carbs. It comes down to calories in vs calories out. You should check out myfitnesspal.com. It's a great place to log all of your food. You have to write the stuff down. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Thats alot of carbs i was told no more then 60 good luck yall can do it
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Good luck with everything! Baby steps turn into big steps.

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

It's not all about what you eat, but how much.

I haven't changed much about my diet, I took out a lot of the sugars and especially the pop (it can sap the calcium out of your bones I've heard) and started eating less of what I usually eat. I haven't noticed much change yet, but it's only been two days.

I'm glad for you and good luck!

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Just remember if you deprive yourself of all the "bad" stuff, you crave it more and are more likely to binge on it or quit eating healthy. It is better to allow yourself small amounts of treats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)