Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

things you miss from your life before kids

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 86 Replies

let me start this by saying this is not a REGRET post... but kids change things.  shoot even just being pregnant changes things.

im pregnant with #2, ds is 5.  im very happy with my life but there are things is miss from my "old" life.  granted, just having kids is not the only major change (yay careers, moving, schools, marriage etc) but it is definitely one that greatly effects what we can and cant do.  

so what do you miss?

for me its:

(after writing the list, i think a big factor is suburban vs city living... )

-music... like spending money on it, going to shows, actively seeking out new bands etc.  im actually gonna be 21/22 weeks pregnant at a show in february haha.  ive been waiting 10 years for this band to come back around lol... missed them when i was just graduating high school

-music- playing it... i used to play violin and dabble in other instruments... now i have my violin in the attic with a broken bow haha... i want to get a new one (a bow), just never think about it at the right time.

-going out with friends- still do occasionally but its very different.  most of my friends still live in the city... we are out in the burbs... the one night i PLANNED to sleep out was my bachellorette party but that went all kinds of wrong haha.

-poetry/cultural stuff- i never had the nerve to write, but i loved going to all different events.  from film screenings, to art exhibits to poetry slams.

-getting wasted and singing karaoke- im adding this cause im 17 weeks pregnant and would love a drink hahaha... and well, finding karaoke in the suburbs has proven difficult

pregnancy due date

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Going to the movies. And having time/energy/inspiration to write. 

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Being pretty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Money. Being able to leave the house quickly. Sometimes privacy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
First page!!!! Whooohoo
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Being ALONE!!!
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Taking care of myself only.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Sleep
RLT2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Pooping alone, sex, not knowing the theme songs to annoying Disney Jr shows, sex, peeing alone, eating and cooking interesting food, sex, silence, naps sex...............

caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Going to the movie theater two or more times a week. For fuck sakes, I can count how many times we've been in the past four years on one hand. My husband and I used to see every single Oscar nominated movie. We used to go every weekend and sometimes during the week. I miss it and can't wait until our daughter is old enough to go with us to see regular movies and not just kid movies.

Going to ANY restaurant. Now I have to see if it's kid friendly.

Not having to get up right away in the morning. On my days off I could spend three hours in bed in the morning and not have to worry about getting up to feed anybody lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea..It'd be easier to ask me what I don't miss pre-kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)